Biker Killed, Once Again

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dishonored

Hunter
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    No offense to anyone on here but majority of the time the older people are the ones causing bikers a headache! They either just don't care or really don't pay attention except that they are late for church or missing the young and the restless. My heart goes out to this man and his family.

RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Prayers sent. I'm not taking up for anyone and I'm hoping to not offend anyone, however, I often see motorcyclists or bikers (Harleys vs. crotch-rockets) zipping through traffic. At the same time, I see cars avoid bikers last minute because they're not watching for them.

Last edited:

Armnhammer

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    Walker/Denham
    People don't pay attention to bikes. My stepdad was killed on 190 on his Harley by a woman on her cell phone backing out her driveway. I have lost more friends on motorcycles than I have any other way, well maybe pain pill OD.

USMC-Deano

Baby Eagle FTW
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2011
    Oceanside, CA
    This is why I will likely never ride. I want to learn, badly, but because of all the dumbass people on the roads, it just isn't worth the risk. Maybe I'll take up dirt biking and ride on a track...

lost

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Pineville
    So why wasn't she cited for anything? Seems that pulling out in front of him would have been the very least they would have started with. Makes me wonder if there is something missing from the story.

TomTerrific

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Centre, Ky
    So why wasn't she cited for anything? Seems that pulling out in front of him would have been the very least they would have started with. Makes me wonder if there is something missing from the story.

If you read the story, it says, "He said the driver of the car was not cited but that the investigation is ongoing."

Read the last four words quoted.

How long did it take to charge the man that killed the seven people a couple of months ago?

That said I have known three people that were killed like this. Irresponsible drivers in each case.
    :eh:

Last edited:

Swami

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Monroe
    My prayers go out to the family.

I was riding in New Orleans and a lady ran the stopsign coming on to the divided-median road I was on, still not stopping ran the second stop sign and came at me on a direct intercept course. I veered and braked and the back end of the bike came around barely missing her front bumper by about 2 or 3 inches. As I slid sideways she passed across the median and momentarily as if frozen in time I watched her cross the road like watching a slow-motion scene from a movie; I could see the intent on her face as she never stopped looking straight ahead and yakking on her cell phone. I miraculously recovered the bike and it probably took an hour for my heart rate to calm down. Some people's attention span doesn't go past their dashboard.

X Zombie

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 9, 2012
    NOLA
    I ride a Harley Night Rod Special and if you see me blow pass you and cut you off, then it is because of something you done or another car near you done to make me hurry and get the hell away from. Granted there are jackasses on two wheels, but in the end of the day when all is said and done, there are more important things to think of than fault when someone is dead. Look twice, save a life everyone.

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    I ride a Harley Night Rod Special and if you see me blow pass you and cut you off, then it is because of something you done or another car near you done to make me hurry and get the hell away from. Granted there are jackasses on two wheels, but in the end of the day when all is said and done, there are more important things to think of than fault when someone is dead. Look twice, save a life everyone.

If your safety is the goal, wouldn't the smarter play be to slow down to get away from the other driver. I'm no physics whiz, but your solution, and that of many other bikers seems counter-intuitive.

"Such and such driver is stupid, I'll just cancel that out by being stupider." Yeah, that's the ticket.

Last edited:

Dishonored

Hunter
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    If your safety is the goal, wouldn't the smarter play be to slow down to get away from the other driver. I'm no physics whiz, but your solution, and that of many other bikers seems counter-intuitive.

"Such and such driver is stupid, I'll just cancel that out by being stupider." Yeah, that's the ticket.

I try to get in front of, and away from the "stupid" driver. Why would I want to be behind an accident and risk being involved when I can maneuver carefully around and away from them.
    What I do is predictable what others do I cannot speak for.

X Zombie

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 9, 2012
    NOLA

maybe a poor choice of words..."blow pass, cut off" should have used accelerate within the limits of my ability to maneuver away from the potential threat. I might look like an a$$hole speeding passed, but that would be my "at the time decision." All depends on the situation.

Last edited:

kz45

1911 cool-aid drinker
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I always go faster than the flow of traffic, that way I don't have to look behind me AS MUCH, it's safer to be a some what aggressive rider

Geezer Squid

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I've been driving for almost 52 years now and I rode bikes (Ducati's & BMW's) for 43 years. One thing I learned along the way is that motorcycles blend into to the "background" of other traffic very easily. They are not "car shaped" and that is what people are looking for when they proceed to pull across a lane of traffic. Don't forget people regularly pull out in front of cars and trucks. So if they can miss something that big, what chance does a motorcycle have to be spotted - very slim. Sad but true.

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA

They used the exact same wording when the lady killed the biker in front of Albertson's on Airline and she was never charged....
    She got some traffic violation that she payed and that was it.

Dishonored

Hunter
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    They used the exact same wording when the lady killed the biker in front of Albertson's on Airline and she was never charged....
    She got some traffic violation that she payed and that was it.

Chad brown. A very dear friend and related to the family. He is missed by many.

troy_mclure

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Central

Why watch for danger 360 degrees when you can focus 180?

Top Bottom