Birth Certificate Issue

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Garra

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Lafayette
    Has anyone heard about this concerning Obama?

All of my information has been read from another web site, so this all may be totally bogus, which is why I am asking. I have not heard this mentioned at all.

I do remember that prior to the election there was a movememnt or concern over Obama not being able to provide a legal birth certificate.

Alot of suspicion over the one he produced from Hawaii such as the people who signed off on it, apparently werent alive then, or not working there or some such foolishness.

And then of course there are rumors/reports of his grandmother from Kenya or where ever, talking about how she was there with him, in Kenya when he was born. Kenya (or whatever country it is, I'm prolly remembering wrong, if so I am sure someone will correct me, but it isnt the US) has declared his birthplace a national landmark, and they have plans for putting up a statue in honor of him and all that. Again leading people to question his birthplace.

And also, the birth certificate he produced from hawaii also doesnt match any of the others that were being issued back then as well.

So those are a few of the reasons people are questioning this from my understanding.

Apparently, in early November some legal group presented something or other to a judge who gave Obama till Dec. 1st to present a valid birth certificate.

Dec. 1st came and passed and I never heard any mention about it. But I did read the following which I copied from the other board...

""Supremes to Review Citizenship Arguments

Case challenging candidacy set for December 5th
    'conference' of Supreme Court justices
    A case that challenges President-elect Barack Obama's name on the 2008 election ballot citing questions over his citizenship has been scheduled for a "conference" at the U.S. Supreme Court on December 5 — this Friday!

Conferences are private meetings of the justices at which they review cases and decide which ones to accept for formal review. If only four of the nine justices vote to hear the case in full, oral arguments may be scheduled"""

Now I dont know what to make of this. Unless all of this is flat out lies and typical internet crap, which it could be, it floors me that there has not been some more coverage on this.

Some people have commented that it has to all be bunk, because its absurd that Obama would have made it this far in his political career, for this to just now be coming up as an issue. I understand this reasoning and would generally accept it myself, if it werent for all this other stuff I am reading.

So anyways I am just curious if anyone else knows anything about this and can seperate rumor from fact on this issue.

Despite the fact I did not vote for Obama, I dont know if him being unseated is whats best for our country. I cant even imagine the crap that would result.

More importantly for me, is I want to see how this is handled. If this is even remotely true I find it fascinating that it is being kept so hush-hush.

If anyone cares to read the thread where I got this info from here is the link.
    http://www.survivalistboards.com/showthread.php?t=34019

penguin

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Slidell, LA / NOLA
    The state of Hawai'i has already certified the birth record as true and correct. I think that says enough. This is just the GOP's version of Gore and the Florida issue.

Garra

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Lafayette
    The state of Hawai'i has already certified the birth record as true and correct. I think that says enough. This is just the GOP's version of Gore and the Florida issue.

Are the discrepencies about his certificate just rumor?

I wouldnt put it past either political party to waste time stirring crap, but it seems like a lot of trouble over something that can/should be so easy to prove or disprove.

Garra

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Lafayette
    If I remember correctly, from what I read, the state has been saying they back it all along.

But I would like to have some clearification about the errors on the birth certificate if they really exist.

posse comatosis

Hoo-ahh!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2008
    Bayou Perdition
    The state of Hawai'i has already certified the birth record as true and correct

Where is this certification by the State of Hawaii?

Two hospital employees are known to have said the original certificate is on file in their office. Not good enough.

Where is a certified true copy of the original document?

There is a site on the web noting a different pixel count in places on the birth certificate posted on Obama's website and an explanation of how this is indicative of the original names and dates being overwritten on a computer graphic program.

I'm not into conspiracy theories, but that one is interesting. :puke:

penguin

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Slidell, LA / NOLA
    Where is this certification by the State of Hawaii?

Two hospital employees are known to have said the original certificate is on file in their office. Not good enough.

Where is a certified true copy of the original document?

There is a site on the web noting a different pixel count in places on the birth certificate posted on Obama's website and an explanation of how this is indicative of the original names and dates being overwritten on a computer graphic program.

I'm not into conspiracy theories, but that one is interesting. :puke:

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2008/jun/27/obamas-birth-certificate-part-ii/

/conspiracy

BlueOwl23

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Big Easy
    Check out Phil Berg.

http://www.obamacrimes.com/

Former PA Attorney General, Lifelong Democrat.

Ive listened to talk radio here in New Orleans and the Kool Aid drinkers say on air that they dont care if he is or not...He is the One! ... Imagine how pissed off they would be if he isnt allowed to move into the White House...Martial Law?

penguin

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Slidell, LA / NOLA
    If its the real deal, why does he refuse to show it to the SCOTUS?

He isn't 'refusing' to show it to SCOTUS.

Despite assertions by the Washington Post, FactChecker.org and other organizations that Obama has produced a certified Hawaiian birth certificate, Berg told WND he remains "99.99 percent sure" that the certificate is a fake and he wants a court, not a website, to determine its validity.

It has already been validated by the state. Is that good enough for some conspiracy theorists? Nevar! They want the court to rule it's a true and correct copy. It's litigation to be in litigation. I have some claimants like this. For a whole bunch of people who believe in state's rights and want the federal government to stay out...it's odd that when a state that issued a document verifies it is true and correct, those 'state's rights' people now want the federal government to intervene...

Garra

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Lafayette
    Just for the record, since I get really tired of all the immature posturing back and forth between some of you about Obama and McCain or whomever, I could care less.

I did not bring this issue up as a conspiracy theory thing or to try to start any more bickering back and forth, I just honestly find it interesting and I am curious about it.

Honestly, regardless as to what side you are on, if you cant look at this situation and understand the interest in it, than in my eyes your to biased towards your own political inclinations.

penguin

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Slidell, LA / NOLA
    Honestly, regardless as to what side you are on, if you cant look at this situation and understand the interest in it, than in my eyes your to biased towards your own political inclinations.

And that's your opinion. If I question something and there is an objective finding in the answer that does answer the question - I'm good. I understand the interest in Celebraty Rehab with Dr. Drew on VH1. That doesn't mean I'm biased in my belief of who's ****ing crazy on the show. I don't watch it (wife does). If I then tell you 'it's already been proven that Gary Busey had a traumatic brain injury by way of his medical reports' then I am not biased towards my own celebraty star inclinations. It means it's already been debated and enough proof to satisfy me. That doesn't then mean the show isn't dumb. Just as all litigation doesn't mean the petitioner isn't dumb.

SeventhSon

Evil Conservative
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    Slidell
    Considering he is going to be president of the united states, I think it goes above "states rights". I dont see why he is fighting it. Hell, I had to show my birth certificate when I enlisted. One would think that with so much controversy, he would jump at the chance to prove his enemies wrong. I have to wonder why he is not.

edit to add: I would hardly consider the Washington Post unbiased.

penguin

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Slidell, LA / NOLA
    Because he already has. The state has already stated that it is valid. I had to show my birth certificate when I joined the Corps. They accepted the state's version.

Garra

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Lafayette
    And that's your opinion. If I question something and there is an objective finding in the answer that does answer the question - I'm good. I understand the interest in Celebraty Rehab with Dr. Drew on VH1. That doesn't mean I'm biased in my belief of who's ****ing crazy on the show. I don't watch it (wife does). If I then tell you 'it's already been proven that Gary Busey had a traumatic brain injury by way of his medical reports' then I am not biased towards my own celebraty star inclinations. It means it's already been debated and enough proof to satisfy me. That doesn't then mean the show isn't dumb. Just as all litigation doesn't mean the petitioner isn't dumb.

Wasnt singeling you out, but since you responded as such, I will just politely say that you are correct it is my opinion, and I disagree with your above statement. :)

BlueOwl23

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Big Easy
    He would never get a security clearence in any agency with his shady backround but because he read from a teleprompter and promise milk and honey he gets the access codes to the nuclear football. I think it demands a response.

SeventhSon

Evil Conservative
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    Slidell
    Because he already has. The state has already stated that it is valid. I had to show my birth certificate when I joined the Corps. They accepted the state's version.

And an expert said that the copy was a fake. That, and his own Grandmother said she was there when he was born.....in Kenya. And that some me the people that are on the BC were not at that hospital at that time. Too many weird things.
    I had to show my original BC when I joined, not a copy. Just show the SCOTUS the original and clear it all up. Why fight it, unless there is something to hide?

cajungunslinger

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Don't take up for him. He's a con man and a communist who wants to butcher the constitution and bought all his votes with stories of rainbows and unicorns (hope and change).

Not only that, he still hasnt proven anything. You dont think with all the millions of dollars he got in his campaign that he couldnt get a damn good counterfeit one made? Also, the only ones who can MAKE Hawaii release the real deal is the Supreme Court. If they dont then its a conspiracy fact, not theory. Its funny how much you people believe and trust your government. They got you by the balls :rofl:

He isn't 'refusing' to show it to SCOTUS.

It has already been validated by the state. Is that good enough for some conspiracy theorists? Nevar! They want the court to rule it's a true and correct copy. It's litigation to be in litigation. I have some claimants like this. For a whole bunch of people who believe in state's rights and want the federal government to stay out...it's odd that when a state that issued a document verifies it is true and correct, those 'state's rights' people now want the federal government to intervene...

Top Bottom