Black Bear in Lafayette

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • James Cannon

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    Laffy
    Heard about this on the radio. Maybe he'll stay free until this evening and gimme a chance to see him 'in the wild' haha.

CAB39

Slowpoke Rodriguez
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    South Louisiana
    What I was wondering is how does a bear get that far into town without anyone noticing? You would think that someone would have spotted it sooner.

James Cannon

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    Laffy
    What I was wondering is how does a bear get that far into town without anyone noticing? You would think that someone would have spotted it sooner.

black bear at night time while everyone's asleep? I could see it happening. Neyland park is near Ambassador where, on the other side is Scott, which is pretty sparse and wooded.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009

They're hard to see at night. Most of the ones we see on our cams in Concordia show up after dark, it seems....

Plus- especially with small ones- they usually doesn't look like what everyone who's never seen one in person expects it to look like. Like someone said- they could have very well thought it was a Black Lab....:)

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    CHOT it, CHOT it .............. OH wait thats for Gators LOL.

NOthing uncommun in the St.Mary area but then again is not as populated, thats what happens when the city expands into the outskirts "wooded area".

At least we should be glad we dont have to deal with them getting into our trash and vehicles like my cousin in Alaska does, sometimes she has to wait for them to finish doing their thing just so she can go to work

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    CHOT it, CHOT it .............. OH wait thats for Gators LOL.

NOthing uncommun in the St.Mary area but then again is not as populated, thats what happens when the city expands into the outskirts "wooded area".

At least we should be glad we dont have to deal with them getting into our trash and vehicles like my cousin in Alaska does, sometimes she has to wait for them to finish doing their thing just so she can go to work

Not yet. ;)

s

Top Bottom