Blue Bayou is Firearm UNfriendly

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wyldhog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2011
    At my computer
    This is from a facebook post of one of my friends. Thought I would pass it on...

Attn all LEO's: Blue Bayou's policies are unfriendly to LEO's & law abiding citizens who have concealed weapons permits. I personally will never again spend any of my hard earned money at Blue Bayou & I will be writing their owners a scathing letter of rebuke. Reason? I left straight from work & drove 3 hours to Blue Bayou in Baton Rouge, La to see a close friend playing in a concert with the band, Circa Amore. After buying a ticket, I was stopped at the front gate by a young female that looked like she is still in high school & was told that I, a uniformed police officer couldn't bring a weapon on the premises. She even told me that they wouldn't allow concealed carry either. Like she would know if someone was carrying a weapon concealed. I therefore told her that if my weapon wasn't allowed then I guess I needed a refund. She acted like she didn't want to give me my money back, but I told her they were. I even made them refund my parking fee.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    That's interesting. I went there with my kids 3 years ago (I think), and actually showed them my CHP to get through with mine?!?

I guess they went all douchy since then!

Last edited:

RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    The last time I went to blue bayou was back in 2010. One of my friends wanted to go for her birthday.

I have no interest in going back there, regardless of the firearm issue discussed here, ever again.

Pas Tout La

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    Droite La
    The last time I went to blue bayou was back in 2010. One of my friends wanted to go for her birthday.

I have no interest in going back there, regardless of the firearm issue discussed here, ever again.

Reasoning? The wife was talking about bringing the youngin' there, and I don't want to waste a day and money if it isn't worth it. I haven't been there in a loooooooong time.

RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Reasoning? The wife was talking about bringing the youngin' there, and I don't want to waste a day and money if it isn't worth it. I haven't been there in a loooooooong time.

I don't want to step on any toes, but it's way too trashy for me. No offense to anyone who enjoys it. I just don't think it's worth the money.

I understand its an easy way to have fun for most, but it's just not my cup of tea.

Last edited:

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    I don't want to step on any toes, but it's way too trashy for me. No offense to anyone who enjoys it. I just don't think it's worth the money.

I understand its an easy way to have fun for most, but it's just not my cup of tea.
    Agreed.

IRT the OP; this is at least a 3rd hand story and the offender involved is apparently a high school aged gate worker with no claims to have even talked to management. Why do people insist on spreading this garbage around? It seems like every week I see a new business dragged through the mud for being anti-gun, only to have someone from the company pipe in and say "Hey, what no? No, nothing of the sort. Follow the law, that's all we care." Someone just did this with a local grocery store until the owner had to go out of his way to clear it up, and say lawful carry is allowed, after some twerp went around facebook posting about how anti-gun they are because of a misunderstanding.

So my give-a-fukc meter remains pegged on 'zero'

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La

I can't confirm this because it has been quite a while since I have been also, but I was told by a few different people that they had "cleaned it up" a little. Don't know exactly what that means but I kinda caught the drift that they got rid of some of the "trash". Not real sure how this would have been accomplished, just what I have heard. Take it for what its worth.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    I can't confirm this because it has been quite a while since I have been also, but I was told by a few different people that they had "cleaned it up" a little. Don't know exactly what that means but I kinda caught the drift that they got rid of some of the "trash". Not real sure how this would have been accomplished, just what I have heard. Take it for what its worth.

Prolly by raising the price of admission......:dogkeke:

Akajun

Go away,Batin...
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Apr 10, 2008
    Brusly
    I find this hard to believe , I've been at BB on duty with my firearm before, they hire EBRSO to work there extra duty, and they throw a party there for a local agency every year as a test run.

RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge

From what I saw when I drove past around 3pm today, my thoughts regarding the water park remain the same.

CajunBull85

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2012
    Metairie, LA
    I went last summer and was completely disgusted by the class of people that had taken over the place. You used to only run into that crowd on weekends, but now you can find them any day of the week. I try to stay away from Blue Bayou at all costs. So, unless things have changed since last summer I doubt the "trashy" crowds have changed.

RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I went last summer and was completely disgusted by the class of people that had taken over the place. You used to only run into that crowd on weekends, but now you can find them any day of the week. I try to stay away from Blue Bayou at all costs. So, unless things have changed since last summer I doubt the "trashy" crowds have changed.

My sentiments exactly.

Company Man

Teufel Hunden
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   0
    Jan 25, 2010
    Kentwood
    True about perv taking pictures of young girls. We were there and reported him to security after seeing him hide in bushes with a camera.

Seems we have a lot of people who like to judge others for their attire, their appearance and I feel the underlying racism in the remarks ( if you are offended by that, then it was probably you).
    I guess most who are judging would have thrown Jesus out because he wore a robe.
    Just find it appalling that people can sit behind a computer and bad mouth other people or even businesses because of so many reasons. Some families cannot even afford a vacation, BB is as close as they can get to having one. So based on some people's reasoning, we should not attend because someone saved their hard earned money and had the gall to want to go to BB! How dare they!
    What a bunch of Freakin Idiots, what's makes you so special?
    I am pretty sure BB is happy not to have your arrogant self-serving ******* mentality at their establishment.
    You are the type of people who are the real problem with our country, judging others for no other reasons to make yourself feel better about yourself.
    Oh, just a piece of advice, watch out on I-12 East, there is a parish over that way that may have people you deem as undesirable. It is called Livingston, be careful it is full of hard working, minimum wage earning families that might have the audacity to be in a recreational area visited by you pompous asses!

Top Bottom