Bluebonnet near Gardere

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Phill

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 15, 2011
    Prairieville, LA
    Just wanted to get the BS opinion on this.

My wife bought an online gift certificate for me for Christmas to Play & Trade, a used video game store. She wanted me to buy a Wii game to play with the kids on rainy days. She thought it was for the Play & Trade near our house in Prairieville, but it ended up being for the location on Bluebonnet near Burbank.
    Last Thursday night, we loaded up the kids, and drove to that location :eek3: (WTH was I thinking). I sent my wife in to pick out a kid friendly game while I waited in the truck with the kids. There was a mid 80's Chevy Astro van parked next to us.
    While my wife was inside, the driver of the van and her two friends emerged from the Pizza Hut and appeared slightly drunk.
    As the driver was opening her door, she looked right at me and gave me a strange grin from ear to ear. Then, the gentleman in the back seat started yelling at the driver. The next thing I know, he has her pinned against the steering wheel and is pulling her hair! I immediately placed my pistol on the seat. My kids were half asleep and didn't see any of this. I texted my wife and told her to stay inside the store. Every time I would look over at the van, they would stop fighting, and stare. She even smiled a few times.:confused: Even the a**hole in the back seat looked at me and smiled a few times. I just stared him down and gave him "hand signals". If I'd been alone, I might have tried to help her out, but in no way was I going to put my family at risk.

The only thing I can reason is they were trying to lure me out of my vehicle.

What is the BS community's opinion on this?

pnt390x230-364x230.png

Last edited:

Mayonnaise

Not in the fridge
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    None of your business. Stay out of it. He could have had a gun to her head and even you saved her life the odds are she's not going to be very happy with what you did.

Domestic abuse is not something you should get evolved with unless its your job and you earn your paycheck by doing so.

S&W4ME

I'm kind of a big deal
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Walker, LA
    Call 911, stay in your vehicle, protect your own

Actually the first piece of advice I would offer is stay away from that area after dark :eek3:

TomTerrific

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Centre, Ky
    Text your wife to stay put and drive off to a safe location.

Return for your wife when it's all clear.

This assumes the store is a good place for your wife to stay.

Also, call 911 after you leave.
    :eh:

Mayonnaise

Not in the fridge
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Bluebonnet intersects Burbank and dead ends into HWY 30. Both are nice areas. Not sure where you were but you weren't on, or near, Gardere.

Phill

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 15, 2011
    Prairieville, LA
    Bluebonnet intersects Burbank and dead ends into HWY 30. Both are nice areas. Not sure where you were but you weren't on, or near, Gardere.

DOH!! meant Bluebonnet near Burbank. Same area as La Caretta, Wingstop, Albertson's, etc....
    Can't fix title, but going to edit OP, thanks.

Last edited:

Mayonnaise

Not in the fridge
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    That's a nice intersection. It was just one of those random acts of WTF. It could happen anywhere. I saw something similar, but much more violent, while driving through the front gates of the country club of Louisiana.

93dakota318

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2009
    prairieville
    I live a 1/4 mile from there. Not a bad area at all. People are going to be trashy everywhere. There are an abundance in this general area, but don't engage them and they'll leave you alone. If they don't leave you alone, then turn to engaging them. I keep my glock in my car when I'm out and about, but I find that if you don't treat people like they're predators, they won't treat you like prey. Just pay attention and cover ya butt.

SSaltz

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I go by that area everyday to get to work. Bluebonnet there isn't bad, Gardere is about 2 miles further north. its not so good but I haven't had any problems there either but then again I don't stop.

2011Corvette

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 27, 2011
    Louisiana Swamp (BR)
    I have been at a waffle house late one evening and had a drunk guy drive up and walk in and harass ladies in the place. The guy was totally wasted. Before I left the parking lot I called 911 and reported what was going on. I was amazed how fast 2 units showed up and took care of the situation.
    Take care of the situation and keep the your family safe at the same time.

SSaltz

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I go by there around 2:45am on all days but monday and tuesday. Its not as bad as it used to be before the sheriff's office put a station there. I see more deputies then anyone else.

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    Last time I stepped in the middle of a guy hitting his girlfriend I wound up arresting both of them.

You open a can of worms, you get a can of worms!

Mojo Rider

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    Denham Springs
    Research "Sadomasochist Exobitionist"...and relax, you were just part of their fun. Too bad your wife and kids were there. :D
    So where was this place?

shaggy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Northshore, LA
    Stay out of the middle of domestics. Period.

Call 911, keep eyes on suspects and give dispatch the play by play so they can guide responding units into the scene with as much info as possible.

If I had a goddamned dollar for every domestic that I responded to that went sideways, Id be rich.

TomTerrific

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Centre, Ky
    Isn't this are where one of the serial killers started stalking one of his victims?

I believe a security cam caught a pic of the woman and it was just before her murder.
    :eh:

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    hunter1994
    Top Bottom