BOAT STOLEN FROM UNO(New Orleans East) (FOUND & RETRIEVED)

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Don Howard

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 12, 2011
    west nawlins
    Hi. Not sure if this is the best place to post this or if it can be posted where LEOs frequent. My boss posted this on craiglist. Hopefully someone across the state saw this and can report the direction of travel, vehicle make model, color, etc. Many thanks.

This boat was stolen from the University of New Orleans CERF station located on Hwy 90. Please contact Roy Robertson at 504-280-7299 if you have seen this boat. The boat is used to collect data from local waters.

Make Island Boats
    Model, custom build with cabin, Aluminum hull
    Fisk Hull ID#EUI 12007 H707
    length 27'
    LA registration # LA-2325-PU
    Year built 2007

Engines
    2 Yamaha 150hp four stroke outboards 2007 models

Model # port LF150TXR
    serial # port 64P X 1007829

Model # starboard F150TXR
    searial # starboard 63P X 1056029

Trailer make, McClain trailers
    color silver
    VIN 4LYBA26347H000871

Last edited:

f350drvr

Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    NOLA
    That sucks, I am sure they will find the hull in a couple weeks without the motors or electronics. I have all of my fishing stuff and trolling motor stolen off my boat last week, and then the stole my neighbors entire boat and trailer.

VeedUp

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Oct 15, 2007
    Destrehan, La.
    I can't believe some one has the balls to steal a boat of that size and nature. And how does no one notice this thing, that boat would stick out in traffic, gas station, or at a launch. I can't believe some people, was the boat not locked up?

Don Howard

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 12, 2011
    west nawlins
    I can't believe some one has the balls to steal a boat of that size and nature. And how does no one notice this thing, that boat would stick out in traffic, gas station, or at a launch. I can't believe some people, was the boat not locked up?
    It was locked with a hitch lock and a chain lock around a light post. My guess would be that the decals, etc. would have been scraped off while someone else was cutting locks, metal, etc.

VeedUp

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Oct 15, 2007
    Destrehan, La.
    That sucks, looks fairly new. I'll keep my eye out, but the reality of the situation is your probably right, stripped and cut up for scrap. I hope y'all get it back and the theives are caught.

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    the trick will be to watch craigslist or wherever for the port side engine. if the thieves break up the pair and try to sell an engine with a prop that turns CCW, it will be a red flag to someone who knows what they're looking at.

I_FLY_LOW

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 15, 2007
    Gonzales
    Honestly, think about it, look how many boats get towed down the road every day.
    How do you know the stolen ones from the non stolen ones?
    Other than reading this post, why would you ever wonder about it going down the road?
    Perfect cover, actually.
    I seldom pay attention to them, unless something about the paint scheme or features look neat.
    The ballsy part is where they took it from, and who the boat belongs to...
    F a thief.
    I hope y'all find it soon, and intact.

Last edited:

Don Howard

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 12, 2011
    west nawlins
    FYI, got a phone tip(unsure of reliability) that yesterday August 18, the boat was coming out of Lake Pontchartrain and going into Eden Isles. If anyone's around that area please keep an eye out for it. The boat's description, etc. was circulation nationwide so please contact local police and/or UNO police. Our police line is 504-280-6666. Many thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    joshualectric
    Top Bottom