Body Armor and Strike Plate

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • whttnbrg

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    St Bernard
    I have 2 sets of body armor for sale.

1st is a DCU set in 3 color desert with front and back IIIA protection, as well as IIIA collar and groin plate.

2nd is a Concealable or Over the shirt set is Chocolate Chip desert camo. It is also level IIIA and includes a Ballistic strike plate.

I will sell all of it $500 (OBO)
    r reasonable offers.I also have 2 Kevlar Helmets. Make me an offer.

Last edited:

legg86

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2010
    Tickfaw, LA
    Large. Sent a PM about the plate itself lol, but I havent gotten an answer yet. I'm assuming both the "interceptor" type and the concelable are both large

whttnbrg

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    St Bernard
    Correct, everything is size Large. The plate and the concealable came together from a guy that once did Corporate security in Iraq. The plate is rated to take a AK round. All Ballistic panels are rated IIIA and have never been folded. They are all in excellent shape, and I would have no problem wearing them.

I would prefer not to split anything up, unless maybe seperating the 2 vests. I am afraid if I seperate the plate from the vest, I will reduce my chances of selling it.

legg86

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2010
    Tickfaw, LA
    That's definitely possible. Looks like you got some great gear there for a good price. wish I could afford to take it all off your hands lol.

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    I was asking because I have some for work and I will need it here, but I was wondering if I could fly it from KAF-Dubai-US.

Missed ya my son... :p

Nope!...and sending it there is federally criminal.

just got done with export compliance law training last week.

Armor is considered a defense article and requires an export license from the department of Commerce and/ or State Department.

You are looking at a possible 10 years in prison and up to 1,000,000.00 fine for bringing it INTO ASTAN.

However, the act of shipping it out is not criminal, but the APO will almost never let you send it.

Here is as current a list as I can find of what is and is not allowed to be mailed back home. Keeping in mind that the contractors / army running the APO can pretty much do what they want.

HERE

i am also told be guys that got back last week that flying through Dubai with any armor panels or plates makes them freak out and you could be spending a couple of hours being interrogated and have god knows what seized.

Keep in mind a lot of that stuff available is stolen government property, so be careful what you buy. Unless you get it directly from a private company like protech, safariland, paraclete, etc. you run a pretty high chance it is stolen.

Hope this helps.

sylvest

Come and Take It
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Oct 17, 2007
    Denham Springs
    Missed ya my son... :p

Nope!...and sending it there is federally criminal.

just got done with export compliance law training last week.

Armor is considered a defense article and requires an export license from the department of Commerce and/ or State Department.

You are looking at a possible 10 years in prison and up to 1,000,000.00 fine for bringing it INTO ASTAN.

However, the act of shipping it out is not criminal, but the APO will almost never let you send it.

Here is as current a list as I can find of what is and is not allowed to be mailed back home. Keeping in mind that the contractors / army running the APO can pretty much do what they want.

HERE

i am also told be guys that got back last week that flying through Dubai with any armor panels or plates makes them freak out and you could be spending a couple of hours being interrogated and have god knows what seized.

Keep in mind a lot of that stuff available is stolen government property, so be careful what you buy. Unless you get it directly from a private company like protech, safariland, paraclete, etc. you run a pretty high chance it is stolen.

Hope this helps.
    The company got me armor here in Afghanistan. I was wondering if I could fly it back home with me in my checked baggage. I have no problem getting armor here. I just wanted to take it home so I could have some. I am friends with the guy that runs the APO here in the SF camp so he may let me mail it but I was wondering if it was criminal to ship home or fly home with it in my bags. I dont feel like going through hassle in Dubai again because I had a hassle flying over here. I will have to wear it when I fly from TK to KAF since the military requires all occupants to wear it. But I will fly DFS (privatly contracted commercial that leaves from Military side of KAF) and then Emirates from DXB to Houston and then Continental from Houston to BR.

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    The company got me armor here in Afghanistan. I was wondering if I could fly it back home with me in my checked baggage. I have no problem getting armor here. I just wanted to take it home so I could have some. I am friends with the guy that runs the APO here in the SF camp so he may let me mail it but I was wondering if it was criminal to ship home or fly home with it in my bags. I dont feel like going through hassle in Dubai again because I had a hassle flying over here. I will have to wear it when I fly from TK to KAF since the military requires all occupants to wear it. But I will fly DFS (privatly contracted commercial that leaves from Military side of KAF) and then Emirates from DXB to Houston and then Continental from Houston to BR.

If you got a no ******** buddy at the APO, that is your ticket. i am better you will be hassled at Dubai. That is what all the guys who just got back are telling me. No plates, no armor, and nothing that could be construed to be attached to a weapon..no optics, lights, foregrips, stocks, etc...nothing.

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Dubai is hit or miss on the Military Stuff but I wouldn't risk it. I've always mailed my stuff home with no drama. The Choc Chip Vest For Sale is from a batch that was issued to Iraqi Police. IT should be IIIA Soft Armor probably from Point Blank. The Plate is most likely a 1st Gen SAPI, not an ISAPI or ESAPI.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom