Body fortress whey protein and meal plan websites

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Don Howard

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 12, 2011
    west nawlins
    Hey all. Still working on my weight loss/body size reduction goals by doing another round of p90x with my bum shoulder and screwy bulging disc. I'm looking to be a bit more efficient in the time I'm spending working out by ensuring that what I'm eating falls in line with my goals. I'm 5'4" or 5'5" and weight 150 pounds. Waist is ~ 34.5". I don't think I'm getting in enough protein and would like to supplement/replace "hard" food with a protein drink. I'm going to use water instead of skim milk...no need for extra calories and all. I learned from Hitman that Body fortress has a decent protein shake for a decent price. I see great reviews about the Body Fortress Super Advanced Whey Protein Powder Chocolate Peanut Butter Supplement from the walmart website and I'm curious if anyone around here has used it and could offer a review, particularly on the taste. I've tried their chocolate and it doesn't taste that good. I don't want to buy this stuff if it tastes bad as well. Anyone with experience is taste, performance, safety, etc. please help me out.

Secondly, I'm looking for a website to help track the percentages of what I'm eating throughout the day and week. I've heard that myfitnesspal has an iPhone app that shows among other features, a piechart of the percent of fat, carbs, and protein that you consume daily. That sounds like a winner except I don't have an iphone. Oddly enough the website doesn't have anything of that nature. I can get a report of the carbs, etc. consumed for the day or week but no chart that says the percentages. The two workout programs that I've done, p90x and insanity, suggest a 40% protein, 40% carb, and 20% fat meal plan. I'm eating good, healthy food, but I don't know if I'm getting too much of one thing or not enough of another. I'm looking for a website that would make said piechart, bar graph, etc. available. Many thanks for the help. Keep working hard and eating right.

USMC-Deano

Baby Eagle FTW
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2011
    Oceanside, CA
    I use the chocolate and have been for a long time. I have no problem with the taste, but I also use milk, as I'm looking to gain mass. I also used MFP when I was really into trying to gain mass, but I gave up on it to stop stressing myself over weight gain. I decided to just try to do P90X, eat healthy, and if I gain, I gain. I have an Android phone and MFP has an app for it.

Don Howard

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 12, 2011
    west nawlins
    I use the chocolate and have been for a long time. I have no problem with the taste, but I also use milk, as I'm looking to gain mass. I also used MFP when I was really into trying to gain mass, but I gave up on it to stop stressing myself over weight gain. I decided to just try to do P90X, eat healthy, and if I gain, I gain. I have an Android phone and MFP has an app for it.
    How's p90x going for you? I think I'm going to try the chocolate protein powder and hope it tastes a little better. :) Did you find *any* gains or benefits to the whey protein? Thanks.

USMC-Deano

Baby Eagle FTW
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2011
    Oceanside, CA
    How's p90x going for you? I think I'm going to try the chocolate protein powder and hope it tastes a little better. :) Did you find *any* gains or benefits to the whey protein? Thanks.

I actually stopped doing it after about a month, because I had to skip almost half the workouts during that time from being sick and whatnot. I just started back this past week, but this time, my wife is joining me, so hopefully that will provide and extra motivational boost. I enjoy doing it, once I start...that problem is starting. Ha.

As for benefits, I guess the only real benefit I notice is that when I DO take it, my muscles heal up quicker. Again, I gave up on actually TRYING to gain weight, so now I'm just using it to help get enough protein in my body to repair muscles ASAP.

Don Howard

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 12, 2011
    west nawlins
    I actually stopped doing it after about a month, because I had to skip almost half the workouts during that time from being sick and whatnot. I just started back this past week, but this time, my wife is joining me, so hopefully that will provide and extra motivational boost. I enjoy doing it, once I start...that problem is starting. Ha.

As for benefits, I guess the only real benefit I notice is that when I DO take it, my muscles heal up quicker. Again, I gave up on actually TRYING to gain weight, so now I'm just using it to help get enough protein in my body to repair muscles ASAP.
    Awesome that you've started it again. I was fat and luckily didn't get sick the first time around so I had a lot of self motivation to start and finish. Success is further motivation to do more. Now I want to get lean/toned/cut/ripped/less fat, whatever it's called. Good to hear about the muscle recovery, which I guess goes in hand with feeling less sore the next day or two. Chocolate peanut butter will be on my next grocery list. Thanks! btw, you can catch my youtube videos every monday or tuesday if I'm late under howardthecpa. I'm always looking for feedback and motivation and inspiration from others. I hopefully provide that to others as well. BRING IT!

Don Howard

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 12, 2011
    west nawlins
    Well, I found the mydailyplate website to be better than the myfitnesspal website because dailyplate shows the percentages of protein carbs and fat a person eats. The other site only has that feature as a phone app. I dabbled back and forth and for the third phase of p90x, which I just completed this past weekend, I went with the brown rice/broccoli/chicken meal plan for breakfast lunch and dinner. I swapped out oatmeal instead of brown rice for breakfast and the oatmeal was eaten dry and washed down with water. I had my other healthy fruits/veggies as snacks between meals. I'm pleased with the results of the meal plan as far as fat loss is concerned. I am concerned, though, that with all that chicken for five weeks my cholesterol is sky high. I have a little left over and after that it's back to beans and other protein (fish and some beef) sources like tofu. I want to get that cholesterol out of my system before my bloodwork is done at the end of May.

Oh and if you're curious I lost ten pounds to end at 140 pounds and have lost 4.75" from across my chest, waist and hips. All updates posted on my youtube channel.

DomTak96

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    New Orleans
    The chocoloate peanut butter flavor is DA BOMB! It's much better than the chocolate flavor. I do my daily workout routine, then right after, fill a big ol' Magic Bullet container with milk, put 2 scoops of powder, and then mix it. Just to make sure I'm getting all of the protein (and to make myself feel more muscular ;)) I put a little more milk in the container after I have drank the first portion.

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    Lake Charles
    I was never a fan of the Body Fortress stuff. It's a nice cheap alternative, but I always found it grainy and nasty. I use the Optimum Nutrition brand now and it's much better.

Last edited:

speedster

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Check out dailyburn.com, It gives you percentages of your macro's, has tons of food nutrition listed, and also has an iPhone app. It's what I use when I'm doing a strict diet or bulk. If you can begin looking at food as fuel rather than "ooh im hungry mmm foood" it's easier to get on a schedule where you eat the same stuff at the same time everyday. Once you do the math and get your macro nutrient numbers for that specific day you're set, if that makes sense.

IMO stay away from body fortress. It's cheap...tastes like A$$ and there are much better choices for not much more money. Anabolicminds.com and bodybuilding.com has decent prices. I'd look into Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey, Myofusion by Gaspari Nutrition, and Dymatize. They make good quality stuff at a decent-ish price.

Good luck!

joey9139122

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2011
    Prairieville, LA
    I love natures best isopure. Mixes great and taste great. Tons of vitamins and 50g protein per serving. There is a zero carb version, regular, and a mass version. Check out bodybuilding.com for more reviews and a nutrition label. This stuff is great and I will always use this.

Good luck.

Don Howard

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 12, 2011
    west nawlins
    Check out dailyburn.com, It gives you percentages of your macro's, has tons of food nutrition listed, and also has an iPhone app. It's what I use when I'm doing a strict diet or bulk. If you can begin looking at food as fuel rather than "ooh im hungry mmm foood" it's easier to get on a schedule where you eat the same stuff at the same time everyday. Once you do the math and get your macro nutrient numbers for that specific day you're set, if that makes sense.

<snip!>

Good luck!
    I read ya perfectly. I eat certain foods at certain times so that I reduce insulin spikes, have big carbs in the am, and fiber throughout the day. Knowing the rights things to eat and in the proper portions allows me to switch up what I eat on a weekly basis. Each meal plan is healthy so some weeks I'll eat plan "A" then switch to plan "B" or even mix A and B together in the same week.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    joshualectric
    Top Bottom