Bodyguard .380

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mace

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Sulphur
    My birthday was the 29th of Dec, and the wife wanted to buy me a p238 sig. Well there weren't any nitron ones around so I sent her to this new gun shop here in the Lake Charles area called "Freedom Firearms" and she came home with a brand new S&W Bodyguard .380. Went and shot it within 30 minutes of purchase and all I can say is WOW. Very impressed with the way this weapon handles, shoots, and ease of target acquisition. If I have a complaint, it would be how hard it is to turn on and off the built in laser.

As with most pocket pistols, its double action only and even though there is alot of trigger travel, its not tough to make the pull. I will post pics later this afternoon.

mace

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Sulphur
    Here are the pics as promised. On the lower left you see the S&W Bodyguard .380 and on the right is the Sig Mosquito .22, my beautiful wife loves me!!

Mace_bdaygift.jpg

03GeeTee

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 14, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    There is an easy fix for the laser button. My friend's bodyguard developed the same problem. He said he had to cut a Q-tip tube down and put it around the little actuator thing underneath the rubber laser button. Apparently that little thing gets out of center under the rubber button and causes it to be hard to depress. His works great now and is real easy to turn on and stays that way. Do a google search and I think you can find the instructions.

mace

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Sulphur
    Thanks for the comments guys, I have to admit that I was stoked when I heard that my wife wanted to get me these for my B-day! Nothing like a wife that wants to keep her man happy!!

I dont really care what my pocket pistol looks like, as long as it goes bang when I put my booger hook on it. And besides if I am that worried about the looks of something, I will just pull out my Sig Platinum Elite Carry 1911!!

Yeah, I have already seen that done on the bodyguard380.com forum and they have some other ones there too for the laser button. I didn't really buy it for the laser, bought it because it was small.

And as far as me posting pictures of my wife....... lets just say, that those are classified documents! LOL!!

Thanks again guys!

Frank Castl3

Simple Just **** Itself
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 15, 2010
    Lake Charles
    Just went there on Saturday looking for a p238 as well and fooled with the last bodyguard he had in the case.
    Very cool little gun and right around $200 cheaper than the sig.

Pace

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2011
    Новый Орлеан.
    I think the BG380 looks quite nice :D It's got that baby M&P look to it. There are some reported issues with some, but for the most part ppl seem happy with them. I'd buy one in a heartbeat if my wallet weren't so thin. :( Most important is to check the screw that retains the Laser (the same screw that you remove to change the laser's batteries) as ppl report that it "backs out". When it does, it interferes with the slide. Just check it after each shooting session and be sure it's still snug!

XS Big Dot tritium front sight is available for it and the best info I've found on the net is located at this URL:
    Very nice PDF version of the video--> http://tinyurl.com/BG380BIBLE
    And the video version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJv_aWgeetA&feature=youtu.be

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    I have one and she comes with me 95% of the time, thanks for that PDF she needs a GOOD cleanup since shes carried in the pocket she gets pretty dirty

Might also polish it while I'm at it

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    joshualectric
    Top Bottom