BOLO - Update: They Found Her! She is Ok!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Captain_Morgan

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    UPDATE

They found her trying to walk out of the swamp. I'll details later. Thanks so much for the prayers.

I'm distraught that it's come to needing to post this, but...

My mother-in-law has been missing since earlier today (approx 10 am). She was last seen kayaking on the Pearl River in the Slidell, LA area. Her name is Sandra Pierce, and she's in her mid 50s. She was wearing only a swimsuit, and it's getting down to the low 40s tonight. The police/wildlife & fisheries are currently searching, and I know this is a stretch, but if anyone sees anything please let me know. Since an IM will send me an email, that will reach me the fastest.

I honestly hope she's just wandered off somewhere and is ok, but if you're in the area and can just keep an eye out for a hitchhiker/anything, my wife and I would really appreciate it.

My wife and father-in-law are worried as hell. We're not much for praying, but we acknowledge it sure couldn't hurt right now.

This is her two weeks ago.

243A0B8B-BF6F-4A49-880D-16C299B61CB8-759-000000EAA3CB0582.jpg

09A54BE8-A52E-4FFD-9344-02609A2D08EF-759-000000EAA9B7702B.jpg

Last edited:

brfd557

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Wow man please keep us posted and let us know if we can somehow help 225-892-6089, I am one for prayer and you have that coming!!

Captain_Morgan

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Wow man please keep us posted and let us know if we can somehow help 225-892-6089, I am one for prayer and you have that coming!!

Thank you. My FIL said that they just landed the helicopter to switch pilots. He's a wreck and my wife's getting more nervous by the minute. I'm trying to keep her positive.

Trey@IG

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Northshore of Chocolate City
    where did she put in? i have a few friends who are on the pearl all the time if i can give them a general area it would be more helpful. doesnt seem like you could go that far in a kayak.stay positive my man

Captain_Morgan

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Still haven't found her. They stopped searching at midnight and started back around 5 am.

My wife just spoke with the police to give them a statement. :(

She launched in the Honey Island Swamp area, Crawford Area Boat Launch at West Pearl River, last headed North toward Davis Landing. Her and my FIL are pretty familiar with the Pearl River, but this time she went out alone in some unfamiliar area. Sorry for the sporatic updates; we have a 1 month old and are being pulled in a bunch of directions.

Top Bottom