Boss's Car Broken Into - "I coulda' shot him"

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    id just blast em using an 870 with bean bag loads,and drag him off while he is writhing in pain and drive him miles away and just leave him there,a little excessive I know,but funny and he deserves no less if he broke my damn window

Do you think before you type?

gunz4me

Target Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 14, 2006
    Lafayette
    Wow, this thread is still going on....

This is how the boss should have had to play it.

Boss: Walks outside and shoots the bad guy. Cops arrive, and boss proceeds to tell them how he can't believe that Mister Bad Guy brought a rock to a gun fight and playing the game of Rock, papers, guns is serious bidness!

The next day, there would be wild media coverage with the Bad Guy's family crying and wailing away while at the same time saying "My baby wouldn't hurt nobody. He could have shot him in the leg!"

Of course, I am just being sarcastic because I am running on lack of sleep.

Disclaimer: This post in no way represents my thoughts, actions, or how I would handle a situation like this. Any similarities between this post and the subsequent handling of a situation this way are purely coincidental. Besides, I lost all my guns in a tragic boating accident!

L

Louisiana Shooter

First, one can only ventilate a burglar if they reasonably feel threatened. That's a very hard case to make if one is not in the car at the time.

Second, when I was involved in a "difficulty", the top notch attorney we retained required a $25,000 retainer. This was many years ago in a situation where nobody died. Fortunately, my employer covered the legal expenses. The cost of doing so is a reminder why most employers would rather see you get hurt. Workers comp expenses are limited, legal expense and exposure are not.

Third, a retainer is not a legal fee. It is a deposit that is retained by the attorney. He usually takes the agreed upon hourly rate out of the retained funds. If they are not used up, he must refund the balance once one no longer requires his services. If the retainer runs out, he has to get you to pay more. This is usually difficult, so retainers are usually set high enough to cover worst case senarios, money-wise.

Some attorneys set flat fees for legal services, and that is fine. It is highly unethical for an attorney to keep any part of a retainer that hasn't been earned at his agreed upon hourly rate. One should always get a written contract proposal from an attorney and review it with....another attorney.

headspace

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 9, 2009
    Hammond
    ok, another scenario with the bad guy and the boss:
    i'm wondering why ya couldn't just hold him at gunpoint....and beat him with the rock?!? then just give it back to him when you're done. i'm just sayin.

posse comatosis

Hoo-ahh!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2008
    Bayou Perdition
    This is a good a time as any to bring this up:

Should the LA Legislature change the right to defend one's person with deadly force to include the defense of property?

Under the Napoleonic Code, life has traditionally been more valuable than property.

But that is one hell of a stretch of the imagination in this day and age, given the price of property and the current crop of sub-human behavioroids.

Certainly the guy who killed his own son in NOLA recently to escape paying child support is a clear example of one worthless son-of-a-bitch, perhaps one with maybe a negative value even.

If I catch him stealing my new $1500 Yamaha generator, then under the Napoleonic Code formula of comparative economics, I should be able to waste the bastard without penalty.

Damn, I like this new math. Write your state congressman on this issue before the next hurricane season starts. It'll be the dawning of a new age on the bayou for sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jp3544
    Top Bottom