Bottom Drops Out of AR-15 Market

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • saiga308guy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2011
    New Orlenas
    Yesterday when I went to the Kenner Gun Show I was surprised at the decent prices for the Ar's that everyone had, too bad the ammo prices were out the box.

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I've known that this was coming for a while. I'm not prescient. I've been through this scare before. Could someone please post a copy of the link to the WTS part of this website. :)

Dave

rtr_rtr

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 24, 2011
    New Orleans
    I'd really love to get my first evil black rifle, but I'm pressed for funds. Out of curiosity, if you put together your own lower, what's the minimum you'd be looking at for a reliable <2 moa .223/5.56 w/irons?

LNSvince

Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    May 10, 2011
    Denham springs
    Being a business owner, I feel for the smaller firearms companies. No one can truly plan for something like this, and they certainly didn't ask for it, or even deserve it.
    The strong will survive, but its gonna weed a few out in the process.

Several Moons ago, when the STARVING Auto Dealers first introduced "0%" financing. And topped it off with 100% financing at 0%. Everyone and their grandmother purchased a new car.
    Granted, there were still plenty of cars on the road to fix, but it kicked me in the nuts pretty hard.
    That was an unwanted learning experience that I don't want to go through again.
    I know what the good honest hard working mom and pops are gonna go through. Except this is gonna be WAY WORSE than what I experienced!

I know life is very unpredictable, and things have a way of working out. But good Lord Obama, You Did it again !

Voted #1 firearm salesman of the year, Now he will be voted #1 small business crusher.

LNSvince

Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    May 10, 2011
    Denham springs
    Its time for the "Thinkers" to come up with ideas on what to do with all the NEW AR15 owners.

Yes I was part of the 2008 craze, and YES, the upside was there are Many more shooters Now to capitalize on.

someone can turn this over population around and capitalize on it.

More Firearms Ranges ? More Shooting contest ? Naked CHicks with AR Calenders ?

Even MORE Advantage Tactical training classes..........
    http://www.advantagegrouptraining.com/calendar/

Hell, I am trying here !

Maybe these guys [ MOJO@RJF ] can come up with something

Last edited:

headspace

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 9, 2009
    Hammond
    Bottom fell out?

Well I'm glad that I can go back to building and tinkering and getting the parts I want and not spend a fortune doing it. When the Clinton/Brady/90's thing happened, the rifle and mag prices did rise sharply, but I had no problem getting parts like this go round. And, like this time, I made a nice profit from those who suddenly couldn't live without something they feared would disappear.
    But I don't understand the statement "the bottom has fallen out of the AR market" if prices and demand are returning to pre-panic levels. If we are returning to the market levels that were, how is the bottom falling out?
    Were those pre-panic market levels reflective of a market crash?
    I just don't know

Last edited:

Pacioli

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I noticed a similar thing with a handgun I've been following. I've been looking at an HK P30 V1 for a while. First, they went up in price last fall(around the coronation of the anointed one), then they seemed to disappear from the market after the madness started. Then a few starting showing up on Gunbroker, commanding near $1,100 each time. Then, three weekends ago a buddy saw one at Lafayette Shooters for $999. Then I saw on at Jim's for $1,029. Still pricey at both stores but at least they were available. Then, about two weeks ago, I was surfing HKPro and Top Gun Supply posted them for $859. And they've had them in stock continuously since then. So it looks like the gun supply is getting better, or it could be the panic buyers finally ran out of cash and demand is returning to a more normal pace. Hopefully the latter and the effect will spill over to ammunition, because that market still has the demand and supply lines finding equilibrium way up high on the graph.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PatRome
    Top Bottom