Bought me an F-1 Chronograph

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 4thMiss

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2014
    Port Allen, La.
    After Christmas purchase with a couple of Cabela gift cards. Its been raining ever since I picked it up Friday morning. I know its not a top of the line machine but it should be fine with testing my reloads. Anyone here own one and happy/unhappy with it?

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    Mine works fine. I rarely use the sun shades. They're just something else to shoot, if you don't need them. Some days they're necessary though. Depends on the lighting.

Shoot some factory ammo over it to establish a bench mark of accuracy. Mines' really close to what published velocities for factory ammo state.

I've found that most published velocities for reloads tend to be exaggerated. It you look at three different manuals, you'll see three different velocities for the same load. Some of them very different. I find that an older Lyman manual tends to be most accurate.

It's great to see small differences from changing primers, and experimenting with powder position. There is no end to what you can learn from a chronograph.

fscroggs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2011
    Slidell, LA
    I have one. I have shot a couple of rods as DBMJR1 was implying. Otherwise, it seems to work fine once you learn where to place your shot, when to use the shades, etc.
    The manual is decent, and worth a read while you are waiting.

Top Bottom