Bourbon St shooting June 29 0246 hrs

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nola_

Rating - 94.4%
    17   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Nola
    http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2014/06/bourbon_street_shooting_leaves.html#incart_maj-story-1

The video will only be archived until 1446pm (12 hrs), I'm not savvy enough to save it, only screen shots

http://www.earthcam.com/usa/louisiana/neworleans/bourbonstreet/?cam=catsmeow2

Go to the archive, 2-3am, starts in left corner right around 0246am.

For audio from a camera down the street, link below at same time 0246am. Sounds like 17-19 shots

http://www.earthcam.com/usa/louisiana/neworleans/bourbonstreet/?cam=bourbonstreet

Last edited:

nola_

Rating - 94.4%
    17   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Nola
    I know Tropical Isle has a cam but I don't think its archived. I'm sure more footage will pop up as the day goes on.

Mxav

Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Nov 25, 2011
    New Orleans
    Yep, and I'm waiting to see what last nights indecent is going to stir up with the state officials and what not. This could get interesting..

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Man, if only the French Quarter Minutemen would have been out there.

Nine wounded and none killed, sounds like either a really bad shot or a low powered weapon. The woman hit multiple times in the face and surviving leads me to believe the latter.

RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I woke up to 8 texts from friends who live out of state about this incident.

Nothing surprises me anymore, and it's really sad that I've grown to accept the shootings in New Orleans as part of living there.

1911Dave

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Mandeville
    And people actually still choose to live downtown. My supervisor lives in the quarter. Was bringing his dog out one morning and was beaten almost to death. Broke his jaw and had it wired for a few weeks. Cant even own a nice expensive place and be safe. That city is pure crap and is destroyed beyond repair by these "thugs". Or when the story comes out who did it, "unruly teens" instead of saying what the real problem us to remain pc and not offend a certain group of people.

Last edited:

RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    And people actually still choose to live downtown. My supervisor lives in the quarter. Was bringing his dog out one morning and was beaten almost to death. Broke his jaw and had it wired for a few weeks. Cant even own a nice expensive place and be safe. That city is pure crap and is destroyed beyond repair by these "thugs". Or when the story comes out who did it, "unruly teens" instead of saying what the real problem us to remain pc.

One of my best girl friends lives in the CBD and walks her dogs all the time by herself late at night. I'll sometimes join her with my dog and CC but it doesn't appeal to me anymore.

My younger brother is in that "lets go out at party" stage and I tell him all the time to just go somewhere else.

I don't get the appeal of Bourbon Street anymore. Hell, I try and stay out of that city during Mardi Gras too.

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    We had our 20 year high school reunion downtown last night. We all opted to go to Harrah's instead of the FQ. Looks like we made the right decision...

JR1572

nolaradio

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Parts unknown
    I didn't watch it all straight through. But from the timestamps, it seems like it took almost ten minutes for additional police and EMS to arrive on the scene. Now that's only based on what I could see that the camera(s) captured. That first cop on the scene, in the yellow vest, seemed pretty useless. I'm glad I got all that French Quarter partying out of my system years ago. I rarely go down there anymore. When I do, it's usually just for a show at the HOB. I park at Canal Place and make the short walk there and back.

Top Bottom