Bowie Outfitters Robbed

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Considering the area it's in and the location being a tad isolated, I'm not too surprised. I would think security measures would be a little better also.

Barry J

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Thibodaux
    It's a burglary, not a robbery. The reporter calls it both in the story. Could their license be in jeopardy for not securing the weapons better?

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    It's a burglary, not a robbery. The reporter calls it both in the story. Could their license be in jeopardy for not securing the weapons better?

Well, if there's one thing certain about a thief, it's the fact that nothing is too secure if they want it bad enough and have the time. My whole idea of a secure gunsafe was blown away by something I saw a few years ago. The old adage "anything that ain't bolted down" just doesn't seem to apply anymore.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    http://www.wafb.com/Clip/11582288/bowie-outfitters-robbed

I didn't see this posted yet. It seems like they would have a lot more than roll-up doors protecting the store. Hopefully all of the pistols are recoveredd before they can be used in any crimes.

Bowie Outfitters Robbed?

I'll take your word for it. I am done waiting for videos on the internet that force me to watch advertisements first. There is nothing and I mean nothing, that I need to see on a video (particularly from a website that is trying to capture my attention for their news), that I need to see badly enough to wait through that annoying parasitism.

Dumbasses have so much crap (videos, flashing lights, links, advertisements, banners), on these news websites nowadays, you will waste half your day waiting for the band width to catch up.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA

I think roll down security doors and an alarm system (which I would bet money they have) is a reasonable amount of security. There's not much else you CAN do. When you have hundreds of guns on display you can't exactly move them all to a safe every night.

I_FLY_LOW

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 15, 2007
    Gonzales
    Bowie Outfitters Robbed?

I'll take your word for it. I am done waiting for videos on the internet that force me to watch advertisements first. There is nothing and I mean nothing, that I need to see on a video (particularly from a website that is trying to capture my attention for their news), that I need to see badly enough to wait through that annoying parasitism.

Dumbasses have so much crap (videos, flashing lights, links, advertisements, banners), on these news websites nowadays, you will waste half your day waiting for the band width to catch up.

Thank you! My sentiments exactly!!

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    3 guys in masks, yada yada, white SUV, possibly a jeep liberty yada yada, pried open the door yada yada, stole a bunch of handguns. Police not releasing video. Yada.
    Call crime stoppers.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    3 guys in masks, yada yada, white SUV, possibly a jeep liberty yada yada, pried open the door yada yada, stole a bunch of handguns. Police not releasing video. Yada.
    Call crime stoppers.

Yep! To me, I don't care if it was guns or fishing poles! Scumbags broke into someone's business and stole someone else's belongings! 2 dozen more (whatever the amount), handguns on the street is not what is the focus! If criminals weren't so f'n stupid, they might realize there are softer targets anyway.

It could be prescription pills from a pharmacy, cash from a teller at a supermarket, or razors (think dollar shave club commercials); it's all stolen and eventually used by some ne'er-do-well dirtbag for some reason or another regardless of what it is/was.

I am supposed to be more upset because it was guns? Guess what? I'm not! I am equally disgusted at disability fraud! As the many LEO's here have said time and time again; "Let the police handle it. That's what they do!"

You know what would be a better ending to that story? If just one time, some honesty would be interjected into the story telling people this is yet another example why you might consider getting your own gun lest you encounter yet another scumbag out there with one of these stolen ones.

Creoleman

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 12, 2013
    Metairie,La.
    Yep! To me, I don't care if it was guns or fishing poles! Scumbags broke into someone's business and stole someone else's belongings! 2 dozen more (whatever the amount), handguns on the street is not what is the focus! If criminals weren't so f'n stupid, they might realize there are softer targets anyway.

It could be prescription pills from a pharmacy, cash from a teller at a supermarket, or razors (think dollar shave club commercials); it's all stolen and eventually used by some ne'er-do-well dirtbag for some reason or another regardless of what it is/was.

I am supposed to be more upset because it was guns? Guess what? I'm not! I am equally disgusted at disability fraud! As the many LEO's here have said time and time again; "Let the police handle it. That's what they do!"

You know what would be a better ending to that story? If just one time, some honesty would be interjected into the story telling people this is yet another example why you might consider getting your own gun lest you encounter yet another scumbag out there with one of these stolen ones.
    True, Emperor, but that concept SHOULD be so obvious, that if someone doesn't get it on their own, then it's Darwinism at its most basic!:)

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    True, Emperor, but that concept SHOULD be so obvious, that if someone doesn't get it on their own, then it's Darwinism at its most basic!:)

The point is, average people are purposefully being misled by the actual reporting/story itself. The focus is on the guns here, not the burglary! That is not by accident. I don't think I would be out on a thin limb if I assumed that the owners of WAFB are left leaning phony's. The odds are in my favor to be correct. So, why emphasize gun theft? What about the dozens of burglaries that happened that same day for say, weed whackers or lawnmowers? Would they still mention guns if someone's daughter was sleeping in the offices at Bowies, and got raped by these scum as they were grabbing guns?

This steered phony journalism, though going on for decades, is not conducive, nor healthy to educating a populace. It's a burglary! Products were stolen! What would be a focus in a burglary story would be if 5 pounds of live anthrax was stolen from Lawrence-Livermore.

God, I hate these phony's!

Last edited:

Creoleman

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 12, 2013
    Metairie,La.
    The point is, average people are purposefully being misled by the actual reporting/story itself. The focus is on the guns here, not the burglary! That is not by accident. I don't think I would be out on a thin limb if I assumed that the owners of WAFB are left leaning phony's. The odds are in my favor to be correct. So, why emphasize gun theft? What about the dozens of burglaries that happened that same day for say, weed whackers or lawnmowers? Would they still mention guns if someone's daughter was sleeping in the offices at Bowies, and got raped by these scum as they were grabbing guns?

This steered phony journalism, though going on for decades, is not conducive, nor healthy to educating a populace. It's a burglary! Products were stolen! What would be a focus in a burglary story would be if 5 pounds of live anthrax was stolen from Lawrence-Livermore.

God, I hate these phony's!
    Understood. I'm not too crazy about them either.And for the same reason. But picking up on this form of subtle misleading is, you must admit, a form of Darwinism in itself.

Top Bottom