BP CEO got his life back, weekending at UK yacht race

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nola_

Rating - 94.4%
    17   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Nola
    http://finance.yahoo.com/news/As-oi...tml?x=0&sec=topStories&pos=main&asset=&ccode=

As oil spews in Gulf, BP chief Tony Hayward attends yacht race at UK's Isle of Wight

...Spokeswoman Sheila Williams said Hayward took a break from overseeing BP efforts to stem the undersea gusher in Gulf of Mexico so he could watch his boat "Bob" participate in the J.P. Morgan Asset Management Round the Island Race. The 52-foot yacht is made by the Annapolis, Maryland-based boatbuilder Farr Yacht Design...

...Robert Wine, a BP spokesman at the company's Houston headquarters, said it was the first break that Hayward has had since the Deepwater Horizon rig exploded April 20, killing 11 workers and setting off the undersea oil gusher.

"He's spending a few hours with his family at a weekend. I'm sure that everyone would understand that," Wine said Saturday. "He will be back to deal with the response. It doesn't detract from that at all."

Wine described the race as "one of the biggest sailing events in the world and he's well known to have a keen interest in it."

He said Hayward will be returning to the United States, though it's unclear when.

Still, hobnobbing with millionaires and their yachts is likely to be a hard sell in the Gulf, which is struggling to deal with up to 120 million gallons of oil that have escaped from the blown-out well. Oil has been washing up along the Gulf Coast from Louisiana to Florida, killing birds and fish, coating delicate marshes and wetlands...

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    Weasel, Dic*, Dic* He*d , head, worm, slimeball,

I don't think its wrong to call a watermellon a watermellon

Last edited:

wadepat2

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Jan 10, 2008
    Delcambre,La
    If we use this reasoning than most every president we have had should have just killed himself. He was in charge and something went wrong that was under his watch. how many of you have people working under you that you dont micro manage. If they screw up or you going to fall on the sword and ruin your life and family for someone elses mistake. The CEO may be the guy the buck stops with but he didnt do this. Someone knew what they were doing was wrong waaaaaaaaaay before him. He doesnt even have the knowledge of what the company rep on the rig has when it comes to drilling. Just like all the dumbazz politicians asking him how he was incharge but didnt have any drilling knowledge. Most of hem have never had a real job and they tell us what the hell to think,eat,pay, and live without blinking an eye. I hate whats happening and they should pay but people dont need to be jailed,ruined,etc.. unless they MADE THE CALL and KNEW IT WAS WRONG or THEY WERE WARNED and STILL DID IT.

nickatnite

Crybaby Hater...
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jun 27, 2007
    Prairieville, La
    The question to ask yourself would be this, " if you were the CEO of a company and you were relieved of your duties, what would you do?"

The reason why I mention that question is this:

BP Moves Chief Executive to Lesser Role in Spill Response

A day after he came under relentless attack at a Congressional hearing, the BP chief executive, Tony Hayward, was pushed aside as the man in charge of the company’s response to the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico. “It is clear Tony has made remarks that have upset people,” Carl-Henric Svanberg, the chairman of BP’s board of directors, told the British television network Sky News on Friday.

Mr. Svanberg said he had decided to get more personally involved in the oil giant’s handling of the crisis.

Read the rest HERE...

ps... I'm not taking up for the man; but, merely stating the rest of the story.

Last edited:

bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    The question to ask yourself would be this, " if you were the CEO of a company and you were relieved of your duties, what would you do?"

Basically I agree with that. What does he have to lose? Will people start hating him now? Too late for that. He is the face of the spill. There is nothing he can do that will help his image so he might as well keep doing what he does. British millionaires go to yacht races and "small people" go fishing in their pirogue. After he's done taking heat on behalf of BP he will be gone and replaced with a more effective face man. This probably won't be until after the new wells are up and the leak is stopped. Just my guess.

nickatnite

Crybaby Hater...
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jun 27, 2007
    Prairieville, La
    Basically I agree with that. What does he have to lose? Will people start hating him now? Too late for that. He is the face of the spill. There is nothing he can do that will help his image so he might as well keep doing what he does. British millionaires go to yacht races and "small people" go fishing in their pirogue. After he's done taking heat on behalf of BP he will be gone and replaced with a more effective face man. This probably won't be until after the new wells are up and the leak is stopped. Just my guess.

All very true. He has already done way too much damage, can you imagine if the CEO of Chevrolet or Ford had said some of these comments? I remember when they ushered out John Browne and then all of a sudden Tony Hayward appeared. It's NO telling who they are grooming right now to take his spot...

Duck Jenkins

Lone Wolf
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2010
    NO/LA Area
    I see no problem here

+1

also, all the people that want to boycott BP needs to rethink their position. If BP folds, who will pay for this. We should be buying all the BP you can. We should hope they do well for the next 40 years so they can pay for all the damage they are doing.

CloudStrife

Why so serious?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Obama's been playing butt load of golf lately. Hell, his whole presidency has been one big party. If the media wants to bash the CEO, which doesn't micromanage the company, they should be fair and tear Obama a new one.

leVieux

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    New Orleans
    The fact is that there is not enough money in ANY one company to pay for this mess.

Hayward is not singularly responsible for the "spill".

The Obama Thugocracy has a scheme to empower themselves over this: The Obama "Czars" will be in charge of distributing the first $20 BILLION. OPEC and the Saudis will be enriched by the drilling ban that the Obama Administration lied to the public about. Never forget that Obama is a Muslim, a Muslim Communist.

Obama is trying to destroy as much of the USA as he can.

Hayward is just the latest "straw man" used to divert public attention away from what is going on in D.C.

Forget Hayward, forget B.P. Keep focused on Obama, his thugs, Pelosi, Reed; and, especially, Kagan.

leVieux

pmac81

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Gonzales
    ^^^THAT^^^, Also, as was posted earlier, Hayward was relieved of his duties in dealing with the oil spill, so if he doesn't have to be there, IMHO I don't see anything wrong with him going out and taking a break. If people get mad at him for not being there, then they should be mad that Obama isn't there 24 hours a day to make sure everthing is done correctly and to talk to the experts so he'll know "who's a$$ to kick" or they should get mad that every single employee of BP isn't there to help try to stop it. People need to realize that stuff like this happens, and often times the head of the company has absolutely no clue about how day to day field operations are conducted. I don't remember seeing the head of NASA help pick up pieces of the shuttle, different situation, but the principle is the same. Personally, I respect a man like Hayward, who came over here to try to personally oversee the response, over Obama, who as commander-in-chief, didn't even go to Fort Hood to console victim's families and visit with soldiers that had been injured, oh wait....muslim, nevermind then. Just my .02

Parlow

Type 07/Class 02 SOT
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 15, 2009
    Lafayette, La
    Since we are shutting things down, why don't we shut down airplanes after one crashes? While we are at it lets shut down the higways after a wreck.

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    http://finance.yahoo.com/news/As-oi...tml?x=0&sec=topStories&pos=main&asset=&ccode=

As oil spews in Gulf, BP chief Tony Hayward attends yacht race at UK's Isle of Wight

...Spokeswoman Sheila Williams said Hayward took a break from overseeing BP efforts to stem the undersea gusher in Gulf of Mexico so he could watch his boat "Bob" participate in the J.P. Morgan Asset Management Round the Island Race. The 52-foot yacht is made by the Annapolis, Maryland-based boatbuilder Farr Yacht Design...

...Robert Wine, a BP spokesman at the company's Houston headquarters, said it was the first break that Hayward has had since the Deepwater Horizon rig exploded April 20, killing 11 workers and setting off the undersea oil gusher.

"He's spending a few hours with his family at a weekend. I'm sure that everyone would understand that," Wine said Saturday. "He will be back to deal with the response. It doesn't detract from that at all."

Wine described the race as "one of the biggest sailing events in the world and he's well known to have a keen interest in it."

He said Hayward will be returning to the United States, though it's unclear when.

Still, hobnobbing with millionaires and their yachts is likely to be a hard sell in the Gulf, which is struggling to deal with up to 120 million gallons of oil that have escaped from the blown-out well. Oil has been washing up along the Gulf Coast from Louisiana to Florida, killing birds and fish, coating delicate marshes and wetlands...
    His yacht should have sank...

Top Bottom