BP claims

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CUJOHUNTER

EARPLUGS??
    Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New Orleans
    Anyone here filed a BP advance emergency,interim or final payment claim? Have you recieved it? I filed an emergency advance claim in late October and was turned down and was told by BP that I needed to file an interim claim. So,I did that in late December. Now they're telling me that my claim is under review and payouts would be determined or adjusted and sent out by mid February.

I'm hopeful that they will pay and I've heard a lot of people have gotten their claim even if their work was not affected by the crisis. I used to work in the tourism industry as a musician and my job was directly affected,so much so that I lost job due to lack of revenue and tourists that stems from the BP spill.

I'm still waiting on my claim and getting a little nervous about it because it's just taking too damn long. I'm not anywhere close from where I used to be financially,thanks to BP, and relying on this claim to fill in some gaps till I become full time employed again.

What experiences do ya'll have in this matter? I'm still positive about it and hope some good will come in mid February as they claim it to be.

louis488

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 20, 2010
    New Orleans
    Don't get me started. I filed a claim not asking for much I received a request for more information. So i got a letter from my employer and sent every thing in, every time I called or emailed them (" oh yes we received every thing we need just give us time). One day after they stop the advance payments I get a letter telling me I didn't send in what they asked for, come to find out my employer didn't put my job title on the letter but they did put if you need any more information please call with number ect.

Yes I would go to work and the dish washers would be singing and dancing about all the money they got one bragged to me that they got 18k.

I went and signed up with a lawyer. Well we will see what happens

Last edited:

Yellah

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2010
    I suspect they're just like an insurance company, they never pay a dime unless they're forced to do it. I wish you the best on getting what you're owed.

Top Bottom