BP Oil News

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    I'm reading this site and finding out so much about BP's lack of co operation with locals, it sickening.

gov Jindal, Prez Bama,.ya'll should be talkin loud, actin strong and stayin long to get the people at BP to crap money when it's needed, locals @ slick ground 0 are losing their livlehood and need to have weekly pay started NOW, not on some phantom claim form

Anyway......read , it'll make you rant too

http://bpoilnews.com/

glimmerman

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    CSA
    Read yesterday on the Dead Pelican that BP "BUSED IN" 400 workers on Friday for photo op to pick up trash on the beach while the "HIGH EMPEROR" was making his presence. After his "HIGHNESS" spoke, BP loaded the 400 workers up and sent them packing, paid them $12 hour for their appearance. Don't think I'll spend any of my money at a BP gas station again. :mad:

petelanca

Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Dec 7, 2009
    Grand Lake 70607
    The workers I saw on the news appeared to be highly skilled and motivated professionals. Anyone that can work in that field in a white bunny suit and not get dirty has some smarts. But $12....even cencus workers make more.

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    Bobby needs to hit the ground in Grand Isle and Robert, Fourchon, like Honree after Katrina....screamin @ BP , the prez, anyone else........I am fed up with crap of a polite discussion while my state dies. Get off yer ass bobby, stop the diplomacy, activate some troops, force BP to put 1 billion in the state clean up fund...( LOL & pay for private auditors to disburse ) don't let the state have access to it alone

Dam...ya'll do sumptn, have BP rent all the empty hotel rooms and pay tab at all restaurants while clean up guys live and work in good conditions

BP needs their finger slammed in the door for a wake up call...........

This is a copy of my Blog post on our Tea Party site

Government is not being a lot of help in the BP disaster

While I want a limited Government, it's always supposed to protect it's citizenry. This ain't happening in Grand Isle, Fourchon, Robert.....all along the coast where the oil is sliming our beaches

I encourage ya'll to take a look at the website posted, it's not from BP, it's about BP and it's sorry response to the disaster they created.

As a state we need Bobby Jindal to hit the ground like Honree after Katrina, to call BP to accounting, stop with the diplomacy and talk like people and animals are dying. No people have lost life yet but there is a lot of speculation and mystery sickness at ground zero.

Demand that BP deposit 5 billion dollars in a special account for oil spill relief, I don't even pretend to have the right answers, I'm just an AC mechanic, but I know doo doo when I smell it and this is what BP is doin to us all.

Slam the car door on BP's finger, wake them up , so they will realize that we realize that this is not a political problem to be discussed , this is our Louisiana Citizens in danger from thier ( BP's ) negligence.

Like one of the shrimpers said, he couldn't believe there was no contingency plan for what happened, he said he has to have a contingency plan for anything that might happen on his boat, OR possibly die

Do I have a plan of action ??

Nope, just making the facts know , hope some one more smarterer than me sees this and comes up with a way to force BP to stand up by forcing Federal and State government to move in a real and decisice manner......see Gen Honree comment

Last edited:

nickatnite

Crybaby Hater...
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jun 27, 2007
    Prairieville, La
    Read yesterday on the Dead Pelican that BP "BUSED IN" 400 workers on Friday for photo op to pick up trash on the beach while the "HIGH EMPEROR" was making his presence. After his "HIGHNESS" spoke, BP loaded the 400 workers up and sent them packing, paid them $12 hour for their appearance. Don't think I'll spend any of my money at a BP gas station again. :mad:

Once again, please get ALL of your facts straight before your "wiki-Fu" dirreah kicks in....

These people were NOT directly hired by Bp, And not even bussed inby Bp; but rather some sub-contractor out of new Orleans. WWL tv has already tracked this contractor down and he will not give an answer. A good question to ask would be, "who or what contacts did have with a school district to use those school busses?"

And btw, this contractor is NOT a Bp emloyee either, I checked.

I'm not trying to defend Bp or Transocean. I just wish the truth be told at the end of the day....

Last edited:

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    Once again, please get ALL of your facts straight before your "wiki-Fu" dirreah kicks in....

These people were NOT directly hired by Bp, And not even bussed inby Bp; but rather some sub-contractor out of new Orleans. WWL tv has already tracked this contractor down and he will not give an answer. A good question to ask would be, "who or what contacts did have with a school district to use those school busses?"

I'm not trying to defend Bp or Transocean. I just wish the truth be told at the end of the day....

I'm thinkin that as long as this mess goes there will be only two sides like us and them......US will be residents, business owners, anyone affected by the disaster
    THEM will be anyone associated with BP or the federal gvt.....

and neither side will take much worry about precision in naming

Just one Dawgs guess

and..it ain't even got started good yet..........these blobs are a scary thing, I have no clue to what they are, I think tho that I'm safe to assume they are associated with the BP disaster, and if or when they hit the beach, well, this is just startin

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    I'm reading this site and finding out so much about BP's lack of co operation with locals, it sickening.

gov Jindal, Prez Bama,.ya'll should be talkin loud, actin strong and stayin long to get the people at BP to crap money when it's needed, locals @ slick ground 0 are losing their livlehood and need to have weekly pay started NOW, not on some phantom claim form

Anyway......read , it'll make you rant too

PLEASE lets not put the stink on Bama with that reference to the prez. MoBomba sounds better.

dt007

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 14, 2009
    Don't believe everything you see on the news

First, If you haven't been to the spill site personally or spoken face to face with people who have, then you don't know what is going on. What you see on television could not be further from the truth of what is actually happening.

The media has an agenda, and they want to sensationalize everything. Start watching the images. they keep showing the same pelican and the same one very small and well contained area of marsh. The truth is we have been lucky and very little oil has been contacting the beach or the marsh. I just talked with someone else who spent four days in the Grand Isle area as a volunteer. In four days of a crew of five people didn't even fill one 5gal bucket with what they found on the area of beach they were responsible for.

To date only about 20% of Louisiana fisheries are closed, and nothing has shown up on any other part of the Gulf Coast as far as Florida. I have been watching the various fishing reports, and everyone who actually goes fishing instead of believing the hype, are having great catches. The media hype is killing the tourist industry in areas that have not had one drop of oil, but no one is blaming the media for anything.

Second, local politicians have been a major obstacle. They don't want outside professionals to come in and clean things up, they want money given to them directly so they can dole it out as they see fit. We all know how that will work out. This is reminiscent of the Perez days. This is not my opinion, check the news clips.

Third, Saboteurs are cutting the anchor ropes on the oil booms. No one knows who or what their motivation is, but Wildlife and Fisheries is working hard at trying to catch them. There are at least a few crazy people who want a real disaster.

Things are bad, but not as bad as the media portrays it. Remember, BP is not in charge, the Federal government is. BP can do nothing without their permission, and to my knowledge they have done everything they have been asked, and tons more. There are quite a few stories praising BP for their acceptance of responsibility and their actions. It's up to you to decide who to believe, or go find out for yourself, because most of what the media shows is not accurate reporting.

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    First, If you haven't been to the spill site personally or spoken face to face with people who have, then you don't know what is going on. What you see on television could not be further from the truth of what is actually happening.
    The media has an agenda, and they want to sensationalize everything. Start watching the images. they keep showing the same pelican and the same one very small and well contained area of marsh. The truth is we have been lucky and very little oil has been contacting the beach or the marsh. I just talked with someone else who spent four days in the Grand Isle area as a volunteer. In four days of a crew of five people didn't even fill one 5gal bucket with what they found on the area of beach they were responsible for.

To date only about 20% of Louisiana fisheries are closed, and nothing has shown up on any other part of the Gulf Coast as far as Florida. I have been watching the various fishing reports, and everyone who actually goes fishing instead of believing the hype, are having great catches. The media hype is killing the tourist industry in areas that have not had one drop of oil, but no one is blaming the media for anything.

Second, local politicians have been a major obstacle. They don't want outside professionals to come in and clean things up, they want money given to them directly so they can dole it out as they see fit. We all know how that will work out. This is reminiscent of the Perez days. This is not my opinion, check the news clips.

Third, Saboteurs are cutting the anchor ropes on the oil booms. No one knows who or what their motivation is, but Wildlife and Fisheries is working hard at trying to catch them. There are at least a few crazy people who want a real disaster.

Things are bad, but not as bad as the media portrays it. Remember, BP is not in charge, the Federal government is. BP can do nothing without their permission, and to my knowledge they have done everything they have been asked, and tons more. There are quite a few stories praising BP for their acceptance of responsibility and their actions. It's up to you to decide who to believe, or go find out for yourself, because most of what the media shows is not accurate reporting.

Just though that point needed to be emphasized.

tupperware9mm

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Lafayette, LA
    First off bpoilnews is some kind of hippie green site, it is desigined to get you angry. I am not happy with any of this either. This may have started as crisis for Obama to exploit the big bad oil companies. It may end up as his undoing politically if it does not get it resolved. But with that said Obama is irrelevant, what can he do, do you really think his daughter asked him if he plugged the hole yet??? We as Louisianians are really stuck in the middle as oil is one of the largest industries in our state as is the seafood and tourist industry. We all have friends that work in both of these area's, our goal should be to work towards getting the problems solved. The Lawyers who are coming in from all states will point the fingers and ultimately be the only ones to profit over this disaster. I truly think that BP is doing everything they can to stem the flow of this leaking oil,You gotta know that they realize the future of offshore drilling may be hanging on what they do here.

glimmerman

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    CSA

OH, so someone just staged this for the media and paid for it out of their own pocket for shits and giggles. :rofl::rofl:

The Truth will come out in the end and as it always does and as they say "It ain't gonna be pretty". :eek3::eek3:

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    First off bpoilnews is some kind of hippie green site, it is desigined to get you angry. I am not happy with any of this either. This may have started as crisis for Obama to exploit the big bad oil companies. It may end up as his undoing politically if it does not get it resolved. But with that said Obama is irrelevant, what can he do, do you really think his daughter asked him if he plugged the hole yet??? We as Louisianians are really stuck in the middle as oil is one of the largest industries in our state as is the seafood and tourist industry. We all have friends that work in both of these area's, our goal should be to work towards getting the problems solved. The Lawyers who are coming in from all states will point the fingers and ultimately be the only ones to profit over this disaster. I truly think that BP is doing everything they can to stem the flow of this leaking oil,You gotta know that they realize the future of offshore drilling may be hanging on what they do here.

Well I guess the shrimpers, fish house owners , the guest services people, the empty hotel rooms are a trick of bpoil ??

People are missing paychecks over this, business may well fail, if you don't want to concern yourself then don't...but don't minimize the extent of damage done by the disaster to others

You can watch Fox or Cnn....some of the stories actually match, theres a real problem and BP needs to be made to step up.

Sure BP is wanting to stop the spill , they just don't want to stop it bad enuff

And they have already started talking ceiling on liability and what they will or won't pay

Make a billion dollar a day fine, watch em go into hyper drive

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jamesernestomurray
    Top Bottom