BR crime is "killing" firearms. When will it receed?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Skiney

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Between the A & the T
    Well if you remember like I do not so many years ago Buckskin Bill said Baton Rouge needs a Zoo!

Sad to say today Baton Rouge IS A ZOO! (In my opinion!)

Or Baton Roach as many folks now refer to it in my neck of the woods!!

Last edited:

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    We all feel your frustration, my man....It really is senseless, and I hate to see what is happening to my hometown, also.
    But of course, there is always someone to blame in cases like this: The animal who did it. Kudos to the lawmen who quickly removed this cancer from society.
    With any luck, the system will not let them, the victims' families, and the rest of us down.
    As you said in your video, it's important to also remember the families of the two victims. They are going through unbelievable pain and sorrow, and we should keep them in our thoughts and prayers......

LA_Huntsman

Call of Booty
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 15, 2006
    St. Joseph
    Education is the key here. Get with neighborhood watches and other community safety groups. Let them know you're a good guy they can call on if needed. You'll be surprised to find like minded people at these meetings also.

Talk to and know your neighbors. This means going out of your way to have a conversation with them. The more at ease they are with you the more likely they are to tell you if they see someone shady in the area. It would also give you the chance to see what kind of people they are.

Get some friends to move your way. It would also help if they were like minded individuals.

"Ignorance" is not bliss... it is the killer of civilization.

Last edited:

alex

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Jun 20, 2007
    Frisco, TX & Frequently in BR
    I really hate to derail the message you're sending, but what is the purpose of wearing that vest? I feel that the props are an off-topic distraction from the actual discourse.

Last edited:

Leadfoot

Low Speed High Drag
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Livingston Parish
    I really hate to derail the message you're sending, but what is the purpose of wearing that vest? I feel that the props are an off-topic distraction from the actual discourse.

I kinda felt the same way. I'm as PRO 2A as anyone can get, but the rifles and the vest.. that screams extremist.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    This epidemic of crime in Baton Rouge has many roots. Yes, Katrina evacuees are a big part of it. But this new heightened level of crime is related to the devolution of a culture over many decades. The conversations that need to take place are muted because, they will hurt someone's feelings.

When you have a culture that can't read, can't write, looks up to rappers as idols, and rejects guys like Bill Cosby as Uncle Toms, you have a bubbling cauldron of s**t brewing. If whites point it out, they are lambasted by douchebag liberal types, that think it is better to hide the problems of this culture than to try to get the beings of the culture to recognize there is a problem.

Crime is a primal response to hopelessness, just as neanderthal's clubbed others that proabably could have helped them gather food had they known better. If you are uneducated, you can still understand hopelessness, but you cannot understand responsibility, civility, purpose, etc.

This cultural rejection of the "normal" way of life in the USA, is wtinessed everyday in examples, like, naming your kid some ridiculous mutisyllabic mumbo jumbo gibberish, or not enforcing the father figure importance. Rewarding the irresponsibility of mutiple fatherless births with cash, constantly making excuses for lackluster performances in learning or following simple rules, by lessening the standards. the list goes on and on.

This "holier than thou" attitude is stoked by people who would blame society for the actions of individuals instead of idntifying the problem.

When, in the history of man, has ANY problem been solved by ANYONE without first identifying the specific problem, looking for specifics ways to attack said problem, and then establishing a solution?

Until this country grows a set of nuts across the board, mostly the apologists in the media and the educational system, we can forget it.

honestlou

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Baton Rouge

I think this was well-intentioned, but this is not the kind of representation that I want; not of the NRA, whose hat you are wearing, or of gunowners in general.

And by the way, what you are sitting on is THE FLAG OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!!!

OUR FLAG SHOULD NOT BE USED AS A THROW FOR THE BACK OF YOUR COUCH, TO BE SAT ON, AND HAVE GUNS PROPPED UP AGAINST IT!!

If you want to keep the oil off of your couch, use a plastic couch cover or a bed sheet.

FLY THAT FLAG, OR FOLD IT UP AND GIVE IT TO SOMEONE WHO STILL APPRECIATES IT!!!

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    And by the way, what you are sitting on is THE FLAG OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!!!

OUR FLAG SHOULD NOT BE USED AS A THROW FOR THE BACK OF YOUR COUCH, TO BE SAT ON, AND HAVE GUNS PROPPED UP AGAINST IT!!

If you want to keep the oil off of your couch, use a plastic couch cover or a bed sheet.

FLY THAT FLAG, OR FOLD IT UP AND GIVE IT TO SOMEONE WHO STILL APPRECIATES IT!!!

Fair enough! But this guy is obvioulsy a young guy, and is part of the "You Tube" generation. To him, this is proabably cool looking for his video, and that is the impetus for these guys to get viewers. If he really believes what he is saying, and we've no reason to believe he doesn't, he just might not realize he doesn't need props to make a point. Had he a friend, like me; I would have told him that is not the way to get your point across.

The hopelessness in his voice and him visually emoting his disgust is a little over the top. If this video is a call to arms, fine, but this is an opinion piece.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    This epidemic of crime in Baton Rouge has many roots. Yes, Katrina evacuees are a big part of it. But this new heightened level of crime is related to the devolution of a culture over many decades. The conversations that need to take place are muted because, they will hurt someone's feelings.

When you have a culture that can't read, can't write, looks up to rappers as idols, and rejects guys like Bill Cosby as Uncle Toms, you have a bubbling cauldron of s**t brewing. If whites point it out, they are lambasted by douchebag liberal types, that think it is better to hide the problems of this culture than to try to get the beings of the culture to recognize there is a problem.

Crime is a primal response to hopelessness, just as neanderthal's clubbed others that proabably could have helped them gather food had they known better. If you are uneducated, you can still understand hopelessness, but you cannot understand responsibility, civility, purpose, etc.

This cultural rejection of the "normal" way of life in the USA, is wtinessed everyday in examples, like, naming your kid some ridiculous mutisyllabic mumbo jumbo gibberish, or not enforcing the father figure importance. Rewarding the irresponsibility of mutiple fatherless births with cash, constantly making excuses for lackluster performances in learning or following simple rules, by lessening the standards. the list goes on and on.

This "holier than thou" attitude is stoked by people who would blame society for the actions of individuals instead of idntifying the problem.

When, in the history of man, has ANY problem been solved by ANYONE without first identifying the specific problem, looking for specifics ways to attack said problem, and then establishing a solution?

Until this country grows a set of nuts across the board, mostly the apologists in the media and the educational system, we can forget it.

Very true across the board. But if a local newscaster points this out (on the air, or even speaking at the local VFW Hall), he will he fired the next day. Yet another by-product of PC run amuck- which just doesn't help the situation.

I once heard an individual (former co-worker who didn't last long) griping about the "racial discrepancy" in the local crime reports- saying it painted "his people" in a negative light. Well, I couldn't help myself. I pretended to agree with him, and said that perhaps the only fair thing to do was require the local media to ocasionally hire white "actors" to portray the arrested individuals- thus cutting back on the negativity in reporting the local crime scene.:bowrofl:

To my astonishment- he agreed.:doh:

Renegade

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 1, 2010
    Red Stick

Great post! I wonder if bringing public hangings back would help?

brfd557

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Very true across the board. But if a local newscaster points this out (on the air, or even speaking at the local VFW Hall), he will he fired the next day. Yet another by-product of PC run amuck- which just doesn't help the situation.

I once heard an individual (former co-worker who didn't last long) griping about the "racial discrepancy" in the local crime reports- saying it painted "his people" in a negative light. Well, I couldn't help myself. I pretended to agree with him, and said that perhaps the only fair thing to do was require the local media to ocasionally hire white "actors" to portray the arrested individuals- thus cutting back on the negativity in reporting the local crime scene.:bowrofl:

To my astonishment- he agreed.:doh:
    :rofl::rofl: gee wonder why he didn't last long?

mrmojo32

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Denham Springs Louisiana

Amen Brother! You have just said what most are afraid to.

GClifton

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    Chenal, La.
    Yep, my home town, born and raised. Moved to Broadmoor in 1955, what a great neighborhood, attended Catholic schools (no so great LOL) and graduated from Broadmoor High. We had Hopper's and other great places, drag racing on Florida Blvd., CYO dances, Leo's skating Ring, no problems, life was wonderful, family fun.

In about 50 more years, -----Haiti !

Top Bottom