BR preacher says church carry needed; will allow in his church

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    He recognizes and understands the threat.

Of course there are some details of this bill we didn't like (as far as the additional requirements, for example), but it's good to know that there are some preachers who actually care about the safety of their congregation.:)

http://www.wafb.com/Global/story.asp?S=12787664

Last edited:

CloudStrife

Why so serious?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    It's non-sense that this is even an issue. A church is private property. But it's a step in the right direction.

You always see the same idiotic comments on this subject. When are these idiots going to understand that a person with murderous intent doesn't give a damn about gun laws?

CloudStrife

Why so serious?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Found this interesting description of a pilgrim church.
    http://www.mayflowerhistory.com/History/plymoth7.php
    The Church Building.
    The church building itself had no significance to the Pilgrims, and was kept intentionally drab and plain, with no religious depictions, crosses, windows, fancy architecture, or icons, to avoid the sin of idolatry. At Plymouth, the Pilgrim's church was the bottom floor of the town's fort--the top floor held six cannons and a watchtower to defend the colony. The church room was also the town's meetinghouse, where court sessions and town meetings took place. Isaac de Rasieres, who visited Plymouth in 1627, reported how the Pilgrim's began their church on Sunday: "They assemble by beat of drum, each with his musket or firelock, in front of the captain's door; they have their cloaks on, and place themselves in order, three abreast, and are led by a sergeant without beat of drum. Behind comes the governor, in a long robe; beside him on the right hand, comes the preacher with his cloak on, and on the left hand, the captain with his side-arms and cloak on, and with a small cane in his hand; and so they march in good order, and each sets his arms down near him." During the early years of Plymouth, failing to bring your gun to church was an offense for which you could be fined 12 pence.

meisal

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 30, 2007
    Benton, LA
    I pastor a church and will allow conceal carry (oops already do) to provide security.
    As far as the 8 hr training we will watch something on tv or video since they don't have a clue.:)

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Well, he is right.

It didn't understand this statement.

So the pastor is saying God is slacking or working against us?

The "not everybody" he's referring to are the goblins that would come into a place of worship to carry out acts of carnage. No, I don't believe he was speaking about God either slacking or working against us.

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    It's non-sense that this is even an issue. A church is private property. But it's a step in the right direction.

You always see the same idiotic comments on this subject. When are these idiots going to understand that a person with murderous intent doesn't give a damn about gun laws?
    But it's a 501c3 corporation which means they are a creature of the fed, unfortunately.

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    Mr Strife, I don't know much but I can assure you everyone in the world dosn't approve of what God is doing ?? How would you rate Him ??

XD-GEM

XD-GEM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    New Orleans
    I liked this guy's comment:

Big DJ
    Catholic schools are on Church property, not the other way around.... how does this affect them?

That was my question when this thing was being debated.

CloudStrife

Why so serious?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Mr Strife, I don't know much but I can assure you everyone in the world dosn't approve of what God is doing ?? How would you rate Him ??

God always rates at 100% in my book. If there's something bad going on, I either don't understand what he's doing or it's not him doing it at all. Those people that say they don't approve of what he's doing are going to get bitten in the rear by their own solutions.

CloudStrife

Why so serious?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    No because 556 allows you to go within 1000 feet of school property but not actually ON school property which is where the Catholic church would be.

So picking your kid up at car pool could still be a felony?

Also, it would depend on the layout of the church and school. Our Lady of Mercy and St. Isidore have a dividing fence around the school property. I'd think this separates the school from the church.

Top Bottom