Bragging on my kid

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lost

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Pineville
    Just wanted to share with the group that my son passed his Eagle Scout Board of Review Saturday night. Yeah, I'm more than a little proud of him. :)

h2g5iekf7mi25cykit3.jpg

Walrus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    Slidell
    Quite the accomplishment... My congratulations to the young man.! (and to you for raising him up on the right path.)

tallwalker

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    Covington, LA
    This is a big deal.

When you consider how much work and perseverence goes into this award, as well as how much there is going against his succeeding in today's society, it is a HUGE deal. Young man deserves a lot of respect as far as I am concerned. BIG congratulations to him and his family.

Jester

I thought it was funny...
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Aug 10, 2011
    New Orleans Area
    That's awesome, congratulations!
    I'm 46, and I still kick myself in my own ass for not getting past Life scout (one below Eagle)...

I look for it when I get resumes, etc, just like I look for military experience.

That's really great he accomplished something like this at an early age!

Last edited:

lost

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Pineville
    Thanks for all of the kind words! One of the things I enjoy most about working with Scouts is dealing with a bunch of young men that are NOT like so many of the youth today. He did worry me a little and finished his project and Scoutmaster Conference 2 weeks before his 18th birthday. Way too close for comfort... Now Austin is stepping into the role of Asst. Scoutmaster and seems to be pretty excited about being able to pass on some of the knowledge that he has gained over the years.

lost

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Pineville
    That's awesome, congratulations!
    I'm 46, and I still kick mysekf in my own ass for not getting past Life scout (one below Eagle)...

I look for it when I get resumes, etc, just like I look for military experience.

That's really great he accomplished something like this at ana early age!

I am the same age and also jacked around and didn't get past Life. Glad he never thought about giving up.

Top Bottom