Brand New F150 Ecoboost Eats Three Engines

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Captain_Morgan

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    This poor guy in Canada has quite the lemon of a F150 Ecoboost. http://www.f150forum.com/f70/first-time-my-eco-blew-up-208912/

When he started that thread, he windowed two blocks. Somewhere along the line, around page 40 I think, the truck blew the third motor. This truck is now getting its *Fourth* engine installed, and Ford is just dragging their feet. They haven't even given the poor guy a loaner. WTF?

I_FLY_LOW

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 15, 2007
    Gonzales
    page 26, #3 went poof... damn...
    Read to the end, still no loaner truck, nor any hint of a replacement vehicle.
    Ford engineer is supposed to look at it...
    What a crock of ****...

Last edited:

XDguy

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    Lacombe
    No lemon law in Canada I assume? Unless he is getting it home and draining the oil I cant imagine him being so abusive to it that he has destroyed 3 engines.

Captain_Morgan

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    No lemon law in Canada I assume? Unless he is getting it home and draining the oil I cant imagine him being so abusive to it that he has destroyed 3 engines.

That's what they say. :/ I would expect a law like that in Canada.

The leading theory is that there's some issue with the fuel system or ECU that, since they're only replacing the long block each time, remains with the truck and screws up the new engine.

highstandard40

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    Prairieville
    Unless he is getting it home and draining the oil I cant imagine him being so abusive to it that he has destroyed 3 engines.

I've seen it happen before. I worked at a dealership for many years and saw a couple of instances of owner abuse and engine failure. One was a Mustang 5.0
    We learned that the only throttle position that car saw was wide open. After the third engine failure, Ford voided his warranty. I just have a lot of trouble believing that this guy had 3 EcoBoost engine failures without him having something to do with it.

BOSS351

CZech It Out
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Prairieville
    I"m a regular on one of the F150 forums and I have read several instances where there were problems getting Ford of Canada to pay for or approve warranty repairs..In this particular case I think they are being generous as hell and think this dude is abusing the s^&t out of the thing..some folks just gotta hear that turbo spooling to the max all the time!!

TecheTitan

You suck & HK hates you
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 21, 2009
    New Iberia, La
    I was really looking at replacing my truck this year with a Ford f150 Ecoboost, but after reading that I have changed my mind.
    I realize that there are lemons with every manufacturer, but Ford should really try to make that right with the customer.

BOSS351

CZech It Out
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Prairieville
    In march I bought one with the 5.0 and am happy with it so far. Going from a diesel to this is quite a change for me and when towing my boat got to keep telling myself that its not going to pull like the diesel I had for so many years..comparing apples to oranges and have to realize that. Mileage is great though and am in a better mood after filling the tank up:)

highstandard40

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    Prairieville
    In march I bought one with the 5.0 and am happy with it so far. Going from a diesel to this is quite a change for me and when towing my boat got to keep telling myself that its not going to pull like the diesel I had for so many years..comparing apples to oranges and have to realize that. Mileage is great though and am in a better mood after filling the tank up:)

I bought a 2011 F150 and I opted for the 5.0 also. I could not make myself buy a twin turbo engine. The 5.0 is within 5 HP of the EcoBoost engine. I pull a 26 ft camper trailer with mine and I am quite pleased.

f350drvr

Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    NOLA
    I bought an F150 with the ecoboost, and love it. I test drove the 5.0 and ecoboost back to back and I don't see how they sell any 5.0 trucks. There is a huge difference in power between the 2.

It sounds like there is more to this story, this guy probably has a programmer or something he isn't being up front about.

TecheTitan

You suck & HK hates you
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 21, 2009
    New Iberia, La
    Just how many engines should Ford eat for this guy. A reasonable gesture, after replacing the engine a couple of times already, would be to offer the next engine at cost, but the customer would pay for labor.

I would agree with that if it was due to abuse by the owner, but the truck was still within warranty and has low mileage, plus he bought the extended warranty and did no modifications to it.
    If he was here in the US, he could use the lemon law.

Top Bottom