Brand New from Lake Charles

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vanessa

Derpinessa
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2012
    Lake Charles, LA
    Hello! My name is Vanessa. I'm 28 from Lake Charles. I've been pondering getting a gun for a little while just for protection maybe to hold in my purse or in my car. I was recommended a 3rd Gen Glock 26 9mm. Any feedback on these?

http://us.glock.com/products/model/g26

Sunday, I attended my first gun show that was held at our civic center and honestly didn't really know anything about guns when I paid the $7 entrance fee and walked in. I looked at Bersas and Glocks and I like the manual safety on the Bersa but the reputation of Glock is unsurpassed. I might be able to get used to the trigger safety.

As far as handguns go, I've shot a Bersa 9mm and a Smith & Wesson 40. I'm definitely going to shoot a Glock 9mm at Barney's in Carencro before I go out and buy one. I'd also like to shoot a Glock 45.

Oh yeah and I want to have my gun DuraCoat'd in "Bronx Rose" all over (except for the barrel and trigger) :thumbsup:
    images

I'm sure I'll get some scoffs for that but oil wells. Anybody have any major wear problems with DuraCoat?

Thank you all for having me!

Last edited:

JBE

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    Welsh, LA
    Welcome to BS from just down the road in Welsh...

Best advice is to pick a few you think you'll like and go shoot them then make a decision from there...

If you want something compact and reliable with a safety take a look at the S&W M&P Shield...

JBE

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    Welsh, LA
    Us Lake Charles people need to do a meet/greet/shoot one day...

We really need to do that soon...it would be a good opportunity for someone like her to get to try out a bunch of different guns without having to drive to Lafayette to rent them

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2 because I'm too cheap to buy an Ipad

Vanessa

Derpinessa
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2012
    Lake Charles, LA
    We really need to do that soon...it would be a good opportunity for someone like her to get to try out a bunch of different guns without having to drive to Lafayette to rent them

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2 because I'm too cheap to buy an Ipad

These guys are like "I'm not letting some strange girl shoot my guns!"
    yllol.gif

Which smith and wesson did you shoot? If not the m&p, may wanna test drive one of those too.

Yep, it's the M&P in a 40 cal.

Welcome to BS from just down the road in Welsh...

Best advice is to pick a few you think you'll like and go shoot them then make a decision from there...

If you want something compact and reliable with a safety take a look at the S&W M&P Shield...

Checking it out online now :thumbsup:

I work right across the street from Hunters Supply & Pistol Range in Lake Charles on Kirkman. Any reviews on it? The only range I've been to is Barney's in Carencro.

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Welcome. Tcustoms uses Duracoat on some of his projects, I am sure Todd could let you know the pros and cons of the different coatings. He had a digital Camo glock he said had 6k rounds on it that looked brand new, but I would say he painted it the day before. He went and tried to paint some fancy design on it, so I am not sure what it looks like now.

Anyway, welcome, buy what you want, not what someone else tells you to buy.... But my favorite flavor right now are the M&P's.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PatRome
    Top Bottom