Brandon Scott Laverne pleads out on Mickey Schunick

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brian22

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    Lafayette
    Glad to hear she went down fighting. wish she'd have killed him instead. now bc of the plea deal he gets to live. sick.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

I_FLY_LOW

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 15, 2007
    Gonzales
    Man.
    Why do they have to agree with an admitted criminal's pleas?
    What right does that murdering peice of **** have?
    They have the info they need to fry him, I say do it...

CajunCracker

Beastmode
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 15, 2011
    Lafayette
    Its brutal man. Now we have to pay for this POS to live the rest of his life. A bullet would be so much cheaper. AHHHHHHH. Well, at least the family gets some closure. Somewhat.

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    There's still the chance of some true justice being handed out to him in prison.

Glad he revealed what happened/where the body was. More closure for the family.

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    Lake Charles
    Now I'm not advocating vigilante justice, but it would just tickle me pink of somebody were to put a several grains of lead through this POS's skull cavity before he's able to go to prison.

Or if that doesn't happen, I hope some big bubba in Angola shanks him with a dull rusty blade and let's him bleed out slowly over the course of several minutes - hours.

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    Now I'm not advocating vigilante justice, but it would just tickle me pink of somebody were to put a several grains of lead through this POS's skull cavity before he's able to go to prison.

Or if that doesn't happen, I hope some big bubba in Angola shanks him with a dull rusty blade and let's him bleed out slowly over the course of several minutes - hours.

I'll advocate it:

Someone should put that man in the dirt.

MikeR

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2011
    Carencro
    Honestly, they should take him to the graveyard, hand him a shovel to dig his own grave, put two .22lr behind his left ear, then cover him up and be done with it.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Question is.... If he is linked to the missing girl in Texas, can he be tried and fried over there?

I believe Louisiana would have rescind their claim to his guilt, and not seal the plea, and fork him over via extradition to face those charges, and only if they could prove capital murder. However, it is very unlikely that would ever happen. In all likelihood, the Louisiana plea would take precedence and he will be at Angola for the rest of his life. The Texas murder, if he were guilty would not supercede the Louisiana charge since the confession and plea would be a done deal.

Life without parole is life without parole! An additional life sentence is really redundant. However, it is done to bring some closure for some and the case in general.

The plea is acceptable because he answered all of the questions needed to secure a capitol murder case anyway. Without her body, and the physical evidence there; It would be likely life anyway; or worse he gets a lessor sentence.

He needs a shiv to the liver!

Captain_Morgan

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Wow, that's brutal. I'm sending that to my wife now. She hasn't been very big on situational awareness in the past, but I think she's starting to realize that there's a lot of evil in the world that you need to watch out for.

tupperware9mm

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Lafayette, LA
    Glad to hear she went down fighting. wish she'd have killed him instead. now bc of the plea deal he gets to live. sick.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

I have a gut feeling that when it gets around that he had to shoot a 90lbs girl because she was stabbing the sh*t out of him,.. he might not last long up there,...
    We can only hope.

LSUh20fowler

In the woods
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Vidrine,LA
    Honestly, they should take him to the graveyard, hand him a shovel to dig his own grave, put two .22lr behind his left ear, then cover him up and be done with it.

Hell no ! I don't want that SOB that close to my house. That graveyard is too nice for that POS. I'd dig him back up just to inflict damage on his rotting corpse. This has consumed so much of my families time in the last month or so, I'll be glad when I don't hear his name come up in every conversation with my family. My wife and daughter did have lunch with Mickeys mom and sister Monday and they are staying in contact. I'm ready for this all to be over with.

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    Hell no ! I don't want that SOB that close to my house. That graveyard is too nice for that POS. I'd dig him back up just to inflict damage on his rotting corpse. This has consumed so much of my families time in the last month or so, I'll be glad when I don't hear his name come up in every conversation with my family. My wife and daughter did have lunch with Mickeys mom and sister Monday and they are staying in contact. I'm ready for this all to be over with.

I'm grateful he pled. Maybe he escaped the death penalty… and that might be tough for the families involved. But the pay off is, for all intents and purposes hopefully, the beginning to the end.

Prayers for yours and the Shunicks.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    That worthless SOB. May he experience all his victims' pain x1000 in his remaining time outside of Hell.

(edited...)

Last edited:

SlimPickins

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2012
    After reading those reports it's almost a given this young lady would have survived had she been armed. She almost killed the attacker just by taking his weapon.

She was absolutely a fighter.

Top Bottom