Brass knuckle legal?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Spent Brass

Keeping South BR Classy
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    baton rouge
    "belt buckle"
    images

username123

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    St. Bernard
    I'm thinking no, probably not out right. But you'd be charged if you used it as a weapon, or had it in your possession during a crime.
    Ok just wondering. some one gave me the belt buckle and i thought it was cool. Just wanted to make sure it was not illegal to wear it!

alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    I'd say it depends on the officer. Saying "it's just a belt buckle" doesn't really mean anything. NAA sells belt buckles with .22 revolvers in them. That don't make it just a piece of clothing.

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    Ok just wondering. some one gave me the belt buckle and i thought it was cool. Just wanted to make sure it was not illegal to wear it!

Key words: thinking and probably. I'd check the laws first. The place, intent, dress, attitude, officer's mood and overall impression also factors.

Had no idea they made .22 buckles. That changes things a bit.

username123

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    St. Bernard
    Key words: thinking and probably. I'd check the laws first. The place, intent, dress, attitude, officer's mood and overall impression also factors.

Had no idea they made .22 buckles. That changes things a bit.
    I am going to do more research. was just asking here, does anyone have a link to the law about them?

Barry J

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Thibodaux
    I saw a trial in Houma a few years back. Don't remember the exact charge,but is was something about carrying a weapon. His defense was that brass knuckles were sold as paper weights. He brought another one still in the package to court. He was found guilty and the judge took the new brass knuckles.

Suburbazine

01001000 01101001 0011111
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    As I recall (but can't find the LRS for it) Brass Knuckles are banned along with switchblades and other "destructive devices" that have no legitimate existence.

enigma

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 29, 2010
    Metairie
    The Specific Louisiana State Law you're looking for is defined in the state criminal code of Louisiana Revised Statute 14:95. Brass knuckles would fall into Part A Section 1. Hope this helps.

Top Bottom