Brass

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cajuncutter

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2007
    Shreveport
    I have a 28-30 quart icechest full of brass. It is a hodgepodge of brass (38, 357, 9mm, 40, 45, and some .223). I do not want to dump it out and sort it. It is range pick up and I had grand plans of fooling with this stuff back when I got into the group buy for all the reloading stuff but I just do not have the time nor the supplies and not even a reloader. With that said any one know a fair asking price for this would be? I have no clue what dirty brass would go for and I need it off my floor in the shop.

cajuncutter

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2007
    Shreveport
    Yeah that will be the suck part. This thing is heavy..damn near can't pick it up. Shipping would kill the deal and at that I would feel more comfortable that the person that ends up with it see it before the actual transaction.

cajuncutter

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2007
    Shreveport
    I do not have a price that is why I started the thread. I have no idea what a fair price would be. I just want to get rid of it and use the funds to get a i phone...my work out some worK of trade.

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    9mm goes for 20$ sorted
    45 goes for $55 sorted
    .223 goes for *I think* $60 sorted

These are all per 1000 pieces.

Not many people sell big buckets of mixed brass. But I wouldn't think you'd get too much given whoever buys it is gonna have to sort it. Ie. you can't charge anywhere near a sorted price or else people will get it that way for convenience. Maybe like $50-$60 for what you got.

Last edited:

cajuncutter

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2007
    Shreveport
    Thanks! I have a bunch of 223 already sorted out and tumbled. Also have a bunch of 45 but may hang on to that. Also have a bunch of 300 WBY mag and no longer have the gun so will dump that as well. I guess what I will do is take pictures of the chest and put a figure on it and get talked down. I will sleep on it. Thanks for the help.

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    If you can take the time to sort them out, then you'd do much better as far as making money on it.

Those prices are not tumbled. Tumbled usually adds $5 per 1000

Top Bottom