Broke out the M1 Garand yesterday

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • deadduck

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 26, 2011
    Monroe, LA
    My son wanted to try his hand at shooting the M1 yesterday. For a 9 year old, I thought he handled it pretty well. It's a 4 million range Springfield, with various parts from an arsenal rebuild. I purchased it from the CMP in 2000 as a Service Grade rifle. Wish I had bought more ammo at the time.

IMG_6599small.jpgIMG_6594small.jpgIMG_6593small.jpgIMG_6592small.jpg

sgt z

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Hammond, LA
    CMP Store is looking bare and days are being cut, now only Th, Fr, SA. I see on the site there are no more service grade H and R. Boy Howdy, Woulda, Coulda, Shoulda! Great to see he's enjoying the experience.

deadduck

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 26, 2011
    Monroe, LA
    Thanks! He loves history, I've gotten him interested in WWII, so it was a big deal for him. He's looked at the rifles many times but this was the first time he worked up the courage to shoot one.

Yeah, it's a shame that the current regime blocked the re-import of these rifles. The Danish rifles were a good deal for shooters. We bought two Service Grade rifles back in 2000 or so. Both high serial numbered Springfields.

BOSS351

CZech It Out
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Prairieville
    Fun aren't they??? I have a Korean War vintage IH gun that I gave my Dad back in the 80s. When he died I got it back and I absolutely enjoy shooting it and its son the M1a..My favorite rifles to shoot!!

deadduck

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 26, 2011
    Monroe, LA
    I've always wanted in IH built M1, as I grew up running IH farm equipment and my first truck was a 1971 IH Scout. Back when I ordered these it was luck of the draw, they didn't take requests.

Top Bottom