Brother's child in need UPDATED 1-16-11

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ta2d_cop

#CornholioLivesMatter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 28, 2008
    Covington
    All,

My partner Fred's 15 year old son, Austin Fath, was severely injured in a accident on the night of Thursday December 30th. Austin was riding on the trunk lid of a friend's car in his neighborhood and fell. As a result of his fall Austin suffered a sevear head injury. He underwent surgery New Years Day to relieve some pressure but is still in critical condition.

We are currently in the process of setting up some benefits on the Northshore, including a dinner night at Chillie's in Mandeville. We have also discussed the posibility of a fund raiser night at a local establishment with door prizes and raffles. As for now, donations are being accepted to help with expences at the Mandeville Police Department located at 1870 US Hwy 190 and all Louisiana Capital One Bank Locations.

Austin's medical expences are expected to be very high, and we are not sure how long he will require care. As for now the family is bouncing back and forth from Mandeville to the hospital.

I will keep everyone apprised of Austin's condition as Fred makes me aware.

Just a little background on Austin, as I know it.

He is a student at Lakeshore High School in Mandeville. He is a member of their Marine Corps JROTC program and had expressed a desire in serving in the military.
    He is a normal High School kid. Video Games, Facebook, and the other usual teenage boy activities. I had the pleasure of meeting him a few times over the last few months that I have been working with his dad and he struck me a damn good kid. As for Fred, I don't know a better guy or cop. He is always joking around and putting a smile on people's faces. Now were trying to return the cheer.

Please keep Austin and his family in your thoughts and prayers.

Also on behalf of Fred (and I)- Thanks to the STPSO Deputies and St Tammant FD4guys on the scene for the great work. I know those guys get crapped on alot, especially in the press and on the net, so thanks a million. Hopefully we never get a chance to repay you guys.

Thank you.

Austin Fath News Story from FOX8 NOLA

Last edited:

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    I have never given to benefits, no special reason I just didn't.

In the last year I have started giving to a few that are put on by people I feel are accountable, & because of BS, I'm saying this one is

Me too , I 'll catch Capitol One tomorrow today
    ( BTW... giving responsibly feels good I'm finding )

pmac81

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Gonzales
    ^^^THIS^^^ Gonna swing by Capital One on my way home and give some. Hope it helps and my prayers are with the boy and his family

ta2d_cop

#CornholioLivesMatter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 28, 2008
    Covington
    Brother's Son in need UPDATED 1-4-2011

Guys,

I spoke to Fred this afternoon on my way to the PD for shift. He and his family is extreamly overwhelmed by the good wishes, prayers, and support they are receiving. Thank you.

Board member TCustoms has donated a 2 color finishing job on any Pistol or Barreled Action to benefit Austin. I'll be posting this in the Marketplace when we hammer out the details. More Benefit information to follow. We are working on also setting up a Paypal account for those outside the state of Louisiana to contribute, if they so desire.

Finally an update on Austin's condition. The Docs have begun to detect some signs of Pneumonia, which is obviously a cause for concern. The good news is that yesterday evening Austin showed some signs during his afternoon exam that caused the Docs to sound optimistic for the first time since the accident.

Keep the prayers inbound. Semper Fi!

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    I just left Capital One in NOLA and they couldn't find his donation account. Do you have an account number? If not I'll just swing by the MPD station or wait for the benefit dinner.

Bearco

Instructor
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Covington
    I just left Capital One in NOLA and they couldn't find his donation account. Do you have an account number? If not I'll just swing by the MPD station or wait for the benefit dinner.

I just had the same issue in Covington. We checked both under Fred and Faith.

ta2d_cop

#CornholioLivesMatter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 28, 2008
    Covington
    All,

Sorry for the issue with the account. I went to the Capital One in Covington before I went to the hospital also and they couldn't find it. I spoke to Danielle and Fred and they said there was an issue with getting the account set up due to one of them needing to be on the account. Danielle is going to be going to Cap 1 first thing in the morning to get everything squared away.

Well wishes are also being accepted at hopeforaustinfath@gmail.com, as well as donations via Paypal to the same email.

OK, now the good news. Austin does not have Pneumonia. It is a mild strain of the flu and is being treated. They have begun dialing back Austin's meds and he is responding well. He received a visit from his 4 year old brother last night an showed a strong positive reaction. He also was opening his eye this morning and is fighting less. Fred and family is in good spirits and have a strong optimistic outlook. More info to follow as I get it. As always, Thank you all.

Last edited:

ta2d_cop

#CornholioLivesMatter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 28, 2008
    Covington
    Maybe you could set up a benefit match somewhere, I would be in for that!

That is a great idea. I'll make some calls tomorrow and see what we can throw together. Ya'll want to do a 3gun or what. I haven't fired a competitive shot in over 6 years, so I'm open for ideas.

ryan

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Metairie
    That is a great idea. I'll make some calls tomorrow and see what we can throw together. Ya'll want to do a 3gun or what. I haven't fired a competitive shot in over 6 years, so I'm open for ideas.

I personally would be out for a 3 gun but in for whatever pistol match you could come up with. I think you could get more people if it was just pistol, just my opinion.

ta2d_cop

#CornholioLivesMatter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 28, 2008
    Covington
    Just spoke to the family and Austin has been taken off of the Ventalator and they have removed several other devices. He is opening his eyes but has yet to respond to any questions, but the Docs are optimistic it is only a matter of time now.

Also the Cap 1 account is open and accepting donations.

Thanks again for everything on behalf of Fred and the entire Fath family.

paddle007

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Covington
    As a parent I could not imagine a more difficult experience to go through. My prayers are with Austin and his family. Will make a donation thru paypal.

paddle007

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Covington
    Paypal account??????

I just tried to send money to hopeforaustinfth@gmail.com in a paypal payment and apparently there is not an account set up yet?????? Would you check into it for me. I work north of Covington and it is a pita to hit a bank in town.

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    Just spoke to the family and Austin has been taken off of the Ventalator and they have removed several other devices. He is opening his eyes but has yet to respond to any questions, but the Docs are optimistic it is only a matter of time now.

Also the Cap 1 account is open and accepting donations.

Thanks again for everything on behalf of Fred and the entire Fath family.

I worked on a rehab unit and treated CHI (closed head injuries) I have seen young men progress from only being able to lie in bed and stare into space to basically full recovery. The fact that he is off the vent and opening his eyes is encouraging. Prayers to Austin.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    joquinn1234567
    Top Bottom