BR's Best Seafood, IYO...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pulpsmack

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Red Stick
    Acme, Galatoire's Bistro, Juban's, LA Lagniappe, Mike Anderson's, Parrains, Sammy's among a ton of others. The question for those of you who make it a point to visit them all is which is the best for you and why?

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    I haven't eaten at all of those places but you can always get a good meal at Sammy's . Mike Anderson's will be opening a new location near my house shortly , I'll give them a try . Acme is ok but opinions seem to be pretty divided on that . I took my sister out to eat for her birthday at La. Lagniappe recently . My first time there . Pretty good food .

Last edited:

Btl_Rkt_Sci

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 19, 2011
    Not a huge fan of Sammy's. Especially the newer ones. A caesar salad is not an iceberg lettuce salad with caesar dressing. "Blackening" something does not mean putting blackening seasoning on it and grilling it. These are things that any restaurant owner worth patronizing knows.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Whatever you all do; just keep it "generic" seafood! And don't worry what country most of this stuff comes from; cause it ain't mostly from the U.S. ;)

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Well, I can't really call out one that's head & shoulders above all others, honestly. They all seem to have their good & bad points, to me.

However....:)

I like the food at Sammy's, but it seems like every time we go there, as soon as the food arrives they start pulling tables together right on top of us- and a party of 25 people march in....:eek4: The tables are pretty small & close as it is- so if you don't like eating with a crowd at peak times.....you get the picture. It can get loud sometimes, depending on the group. But the food isn't bad, if you don't mind the crowds.

Like Dan said, I'm also interested in checking out the new Mike Anderson's location in Central. I really like the one near LSU- and if pressed to pick a favorite, would choose it. If you like fried whole catfish- the "ACE" is really hard to beat. :bigok:

enutees

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jul 4, 2010
    Prairieville
    LA Lagniappe would be my choice. Unless we're talking about Chargrilled Oysters. I like ACME of course but Tommy's fish house does them pretty well. I need to buy a sack and give them a try cooking them. I hate paying $7 for 6 of the suckers. I think I could eat 40 or so.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    The original Don's Seafood - the Baton Rouge classic on Airline Hwy.
    Their other "Don's Seafood Hut" locations don't seem as good.
    The one on Airline used to be good but I haven't been there in a while . The one in Denham Springs was terrible the last two times I went there . I'm giving them a time out for a year or so .

Skiney

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Between the A & the T
    Finger Lickin GOOD>>>>>>

GREAT.....Just make sure your packing:} ie. PIECE B with U!

rinh4n5rmtivgv6u40jf.jpg

dirty dan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Denham Springs, LA
    The one on Airline used to be good but I haven't been there in a while . The one in Denham Springs was terrible the last two times I went there . I'm giving them a time out for a year or so .

Don's in Denham sucks out loud.

My vote for best is Mike Anderson's. Second place goes to Don's on Airline.

Top Bottom