Bruce Gray ever been to LA?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Edmond

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    Ft. Polk
    I've read some great things, nothing but positive things, about the training that Bruce Gray offers.

Has he ever held a class in LA?

Anyone ever take one of his classes such as Practical Fundamentals?

Edmond

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    Ft. Polk
    If I'm back from Afghanistan by that time, I'd definitely be down for travelling to take a class from Gruce Gray.

honestlou

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I'd like to see that. I think you have the possibility of bringing in new students, and I'm sure a lot of regulars would like the opportunity to work with someone new.

James Cannon

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    Laffy
    Yea, I'm really stoked if the new-guy deal goes through. You can bet I'll be there, barring anything like a family emergency or medical emergency of my own.

James Cannon

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    Laffy
    Well, yes, I definitely am. Just adding to the new-guy dogpile of appreciation.

Most appreciation to pangris though.

I'm traveling to a rifle class in May, out in Ohio. If I had to spend the money on flight, shipping or buying ammo to be mailed there, and travel/housing expenses - every time I wanted to train with a pro... shiiiiiiiiiii-

But this class specifically, and the guys I'm meeting up with is a different case. I know I have local choices as well, and I'm uber-appreciative of it. I am hoping to get in 2 classes per year for the near-foreseeable future.

jljones

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    I will contact Mr. Gray, but we already have someone new we're looking at for 2012 and I'm not sure if we could support 5 classes in a year (our existing 3 + new guy + Gray).

I've tried and failed to coordinate a calendar of all training events in the region to avoid oversaturation, but alas, not everyone is on the same page there.

All that said, I'd like to set it up if possible. I'll call him.

Hello all. I am the training director for OpSpec training. A forum member here sent me the link to this thread. I'm usually easier to get a hold of a bit more than Bruce, so feel free to contact me if you need me. I would be glad to help out in any way possible.

We'd love to come to LA!

Respectfully submitted,

Jones

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Hello all. I am the training director for OpSpec training. A forum member here sent me the link to this thread. I'm usually easier to get a hold of a bit more than Bruce, so feel free to contact me if you need me. I would be glad to help out in any way possible.

We'd love to come to LA!

Respectfully submitted,

Jones

Welcome to BayouShooters. ;)

Sharkman74

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    New Orleans
    I would definitely recommend training with Bruce Gray if you get the opportunity!!

I attended their Practical Fundamentals class in Hoover, AL a few weeks back. Bruce Gray described the training as "getting a PhD in trigger control" Jerry, Bruce and Randy Lee of Apex Tactical are amazing instructors!! They will give you the tools and knowledge you need to improve your trigger control well after the class is over.

If they come Louisiana I would take the class again!

Edmond

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    Ft. Polk

We'd love to come to LA!

Respectfully submitted,

Jones

Jones,

Good to see you here, I see you on SF frequently. It's my reading of the threads over there about how good Bruce Gray is that I figure I'd start this thread. I haven't read a single negative about his training or gunsmith work.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Jones,

Good to see you here, I see you on SF frequently. It's my reading of the threads over there about how good Bruce Gray is that I figure I'd start this thread. I haven't read a single negative about his training or gunsmith work.

And that's why I got Jones to come over here from SF. :)

Flork

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    Los Osos, CA - Apex HQ
    Hey guys.

Bruce, Randy and Jerry are our primary 3 instructors here at Opspectraining.com. I've worked with all of them for years on the range and off and I've never been more impressed with any body more than those 3 guys.

If anybody is interested in setting up classes with any or all of the guys, please contact me at scott@opspectraining.com and we'll see what we can get rolling in your area.

Our traveling dog and pony show is available to train you in all aspects of firearms...everything from beginners learning how to handle a gun for the first time, to home/self defense to high speed competition shooting; our instructors cover whatever you're interested in learning.

Scott

Edmond

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    Ft. Polk
    Flork,

I recognize you from SF.

Any chance that if you come down, you can do some of your WWW famous gunsmithing? I wouldn't mind having some work done on a Sig or HK.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Cognac.cal
    Top Bottom