BS Gun Show feedback thread

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cleburne

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    May 31, 2008
    Thibodaux
    Wanted to go but, since my friends opted out, I simply chose not to spend the gas money driving alone from Thibodaux to Youngsville. But hopefully there'll be another that I can make. A small, private show is more inviting than the general admission ones.

BTW, french fries need sweet & sour sauce.

leVieux

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    New Orleans
    Jeremy,
    It doesn't have to be a gun show. Just a meet-and--greet with beaucoup coldbeer would be fine. I'd be glad to go to Gonzales, BTR, or wherever.
    I only know a few of the folks first-hand: Brannon, Art, EdMan, & Grits.
    Surely would like to meet some more of them; especially C. Hollier, Buddy Fuentes, Pablo, BamBam, Mjolnir, Leonidas, & the bunch from Slidell.
    Puleeeze try again !
    leVieux

Last edited:

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Not breaking news here, but just echoing the sentiment on location. I absolutely wanted to attend, but once I realized it was a 5 hour round trip (and $50 in gas) it just wasn't possible. Sounds like you did everything you could greco, I think if we manage to find another location more central to BR/NOLA area I'll gladly volunteer your services to manage the whole thing. :D

Seriously, let's start looking for venues. We should be able to come up with something in the area. Community center, etc. If we get something together closer to my turf I'll help any way I can.

Big H

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 3, 2010
    Lake Charles, La. 70607
    Like I told you at the show---every type show or event starts with the first one---its was ok, could have been better,
    could have been worse ---next months show will be better---maybe I'll win a door prize---job well done. THANKS!!!!!!!

Xenon

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jul 30, 2010
    Metairie
    Just an idea, how about a place to sit for the attendees (and set down the items they brought to swap/sell/show)? I felt like I made a loop, talked to a few folks and it was time to go. I drove from Metairie and wasn't ready to go home yet. Wanted to chat and meet more BS folks... I left the guns in the truck not knowing what exactly I was walking into and never had the desire to go get them out

jgreco15

The Zebra
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Lafayette, LA
    Just an idea, how about a place to sit for the attendees (and set down the items they brought to swap/sell/show)? I felt like I made a loop, talked to a few folks and it was time to go. I drove from Metairie and wasn't ready to go home yet. Wanted to chat and meet more BS folks... I left the guns in the truck not knowing what exactly I was walking into and never had the desire to go get them out

We figured that out about halfway through the day. Next time (assuming there is one), we will have more chairs out and some tables for folks to sit and chat amongst themselves.

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    When I was working in W. Virginia, I found out they eat gravy on theirs.:dunno:

Winner. They're amazing served that way. We've got something similar here, in the French Fry Po-Boy-- but I'd rather eat it as a side with some freakin' meat as the main course.

As to the OP-- Closer to any of the lake's shores and I would have made it, even being as sick as I was.

grits

infidel
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 22, 2006
    New Iberia
    I had to vend at a reptile show otherwise i would have vended at this one regardless of it being a one or two day show. If it happens again hopefully we can make it.

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    You know... This person married a lady(a great one at that) whose culture shoves spare inedible body parts into sheep stomach, boil it, and declare it miraculously edible. Yet he complains about people applying a ketchup based condiment on our French fries.

:eh: :D

artabr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    New Iberia , Louisiana
    I enjoyed the show. It was great to be able to put faces to names.
    I really wish that I would have set up a table. Hindsight.

Ketchup should be banished from the face of the earth.
    It can be made palatable with about a half bottle of Tabasco.

Art

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TonyGuillory
    Top Bottom