BS Member "Wildmans " 9 year old daughter goes on shooting spree!!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Gonzales
    This is Danny's daughter Alyssa she is 9 yo and bags a 140 Lbs spike. Straight on chest shot with a .243 Remington Model 7 youth setup, Danny fill in the gaps? This is what it is all about..:)

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

lost

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Pineville
    That's what it's all about! Congrats to the young lady

Mike, is that one of your father/child hunts? If so, thanks for helping to put the smile on that gal's face!

Last edited:

WILDMAN

Liberty Gun Works
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Mar 19, 2007
    Chacahoula, Louisiana
    Well, Don't really know where to start. Too much pride clouding my mind right now. Mike is one heck of a guy. Not enough words to express my thanks to him for making this happen.

"lost' you are absolutely correct, This is what I live for. To some of you and I hope not too many, you will think I am crazy but I have 7 children ranging in ages from 3months to 18yrs. 3 girls and 4 boys. I have been so blessed in raising them. We are committed to God's Word, family values, home schooling, and a multi-family home based church with a multi-generational vision. Our current freedom and liberties rests on our young children and they will be the ones who decides to keep it or let 'the Change" take over. I teach all of my children how to read and understand God's Word, how to safely handle firearms and how to shoot, hunt, fish, grow a garden and take care of it. Enough of the ranting.......

This morning was destined to be great for Alyssa. The weather was cold but not too cold, the front had just past early yesterday. She has never shot this rifle, this was her very first hunt, and the deer she saw this morning were the first she has seen in the wild up personal. I had only let her shoot a rifle like this in .223 about 3 weeks ago and she showed no recoil aversion so I decided to bring the .243 for her. The first deer we saw was a big doe at about 0635 about 75 yards away and she came right towards the stand but my daughter had trouble getting the finger in the trigger guard with the heavy gloves on and the doe stepped back into the woods before she could shoot. She removed the glove and immediately the spike stepped out in the same spot and started towards the stand. He would not present a broadside shot even after calling to him to gt his attention, so I told her to shoot him in the chest and she did! Perfect middle of the base of the neck shot and almost exited at the last rib on the far side. This was a 50 yard shot while moving towards us. This spike was field dressed but best guess weighed in at around 140 to 145 on the hoof.

Again, Thanks to Mike and the generosity he showed to my daughter and I for letting us hunt his property. By the Way-- Peter225, There are some deer out there!

My wish is that this will begin a trend for some of you fathers out there to spend more time in the woods with your children. Let us consider what we have to lose if we do not pass on this great heritage called "freedom" in America.

I would also encourage anyone out there who has the time and resources to donate the same in helping Mike with anything he may have need of. I plan to return this favor in the very near future in helping to mend fences and provide some corn for feed.

cajuncutter

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2007
    Shreveport
    Danny that was a great story...even better in person. It was nice visiting with you while passing through Shreveport and thank you very much for the favor you have done for me. I hope you and the boys tear them up this weekend.

Also Congrats Alyssa!!!

Last edited:

Tulse Luper

Besmirched!
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Metairie
    So this is part of the Father/ "Son" hunts that you were offering. ;)

Shoals, You should be given an award for being so generous. I wish I could offer the same.

mtcur3

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Thibodaux, LA
    Nicely done Alyssa! I can't wait to hear your first hand account.
    Thanks Mike for setting this up for Danny and Alyssa. You helped them make memories that they will never forget.

Top Bottom