BS Spyderco LINK & CODE INSIDE. **SOLD OUT**

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Would you be interested in a custom Bayoushooter Spyderco?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

Lagarb

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Goleta, CA
    I'd love a Para-Military2. Know they are probably out of the price range for this SE, but still...
    Not sure if I'd prefer a straight/partial serration, pretty sure a full serration wouldn't do it for me

Interested to see what comes of this!

Last edited:

SirIsaacNewton

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    I'm interested, depending on cost and model/design.

My preferences (wish list):

Steel: SV30 or VG10
    Style: Endura, Delica, or "leaf"-style blade
    Plain Edge
    Wave feature
    FFG

Have you had an experience with ZDP-189 it is some pretty awesome stuff..... It might not be the right stuff for us in our humid conditions but I am carrying currently a calypso 3 with laminated ZDP-189 and it is incredible. The only thing I would change on that blade is the pins. I hate pins should have been screws....

Last edited:

SqueeDAB

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Noladishu, Karjakistan
    Have you had an experience with ZDP-189 it is some pretty awesome stuff..... It might not be the right stuff for us in our humid conditions but I am carrying currently a calypso 3 with laminated ZDP-189 and it is incredible. The only thing I would change on that blade is the pins. I hate pins should have been screws....

I haven't yet, but yours is the second recommendation in as many days about ZDP-189...I think I might have to check it out.

If the price point is $50-100, I can see myself picking up 2 (and possibly getting some friends onboard).

SirIsaacNewton

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    I haven't yet, but yours is the second recommendation in as many days about ZDP-189...I think I might have to check it out.

If the price point is $50-100, I can see myself picking up 2 (and possibly getting some friends onboard).

The Caly 3 from spyderco has a laminated ZDP-189 (I believe the only laminated model offered) and it is a beautiful knife. http://http://www.spyderco.com/catalog/details.php?product=298

The only downside to the model is it is pinned vs. the normal torx screws.

I was going to say you could check mine out but distance is going to be an issue.

JBE

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    Welsh, LA
    While ZDP-189 is a great steel, it's lacks corrosion resistance and can be very difficult to put an edge back on....

Unfortunatley, the Caly 3 is only available now in ZDP-189 and carbon fiber handles and it's price point will put it out of reach for some. There is a new 3.5" version in VG10 with G10 handles, though....

If we can't reach the minimum order for Spyderco, we could always try Kershaw. They make a good knife and might be willing to work with us.

Who is your contact at Spyderco? Is it Kristi?

SirIsaacNewton

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    While ZDP-189 is a great steel, it's lacks corrosion resistance and can be very difficult to put an edge back on....

Unfortunatley, the Caly 3 is only available now in ZDP-189 and carbon fiber handles and it's price point will put it out of reach for some. There is a new 3.5" version in VG10 with G10 handles, though....

If we can't reach the minimum order for Spyderco, we could always try Kershaw. They make a good knife and might be willing to work with us.

Who is your contact at Spyderco? Is it Kristi?

By no means suggesting that for this forum knife. I was suggesting it for someone looking for an awesome knife who wants to experience ZDP-189 first hand. The lamination address some of the issue of the ZDP-189 like the corrosion/rigidity issues right?

Eric Glessner in R&D and Kelly Williams in Sales.

Last edited:

JBE

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    Welsh, LA
    By no means suggesting that for this forum knife. I was suggesting it for someone looking for an awesome knife who wants to experience ZDP-189 first hand. The lamination address some of the issue of the ZDP-189 like the corrosion/rigidity issues right?

My bad....I'm still a cup of coffee behind right now...:hs:

I forgot the Caly 3 ZDP was laminated...I was speaking of ZDP in general as used in the Stretch, Endura and others that don't have laminated blades.

Top Bottom