Bucket List's?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0

Bolt Head

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2023
    Alexandria
    I can't say I have a bucket list that looks like the average one.
    There are things I've enjoyed that I'd like to just keep doing more of like fishing and eating great food.

If there was truly something I'd put on a bucket list, it would be that I'd like to see the USA restored back to her Glory, Greatness. She sure has fallen over the decades, but we all know the US of A IS STILL THE GREATEST COUNTRY ON EARTH (despite what the America-hating clowns like to chant).

Bam Bam

Certified gun nut!
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Denham Springs/Watson, La
    I have a mental bucket list of things or places I want to do or see.

See the Grand Canyon
    Skydive at least once
    See all 7 great wonders of the earth
    Zipline over Royal Gorge in Colorado
    Take my wife to her ancestral homeland, Budapest Hungary
    Visit the Scottish Highlands
    Oh and the best one, find and Bitch slap all the German engineers who have made my life utter hell lol

I've managed to cross a few items off my list like:
    Visit Pikes Peak
    See Times Square and Rockefeller Center
    fly in a Pits S2B aerobatic biplane while doing a aerobatic maneuvers
    Seen the Reno Air Races once
    Been across both north and south borders and to each coast
    Married a great woman and have kids and Grandkids (the best one)

More may come to mind, but thats the short version. Anyone else care to share theirs?

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    I got growled at by a grizzly last fall in Glacier National Park.....10/10 would NOT recommend. We were a solid 2.5 day hike from the nearest road.
    Same here, Well almost a 9.5 tall griz looking at me in the woods standing up 75yards or so away.
    I threw a 45/70 h.p. his way but hit a 4'' sapling and exploded.
    He went his way and I stayed in the tree until the rest of the party showed up.
    Clean miss. Never again!

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I have no desire to be anywhere near a grizzly again. I also wouldn't want to try to repel one with anything short of a large bore rifle.

drill sgt

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 19, 2019
    denham springs ,la
    Have seen the Northern Lights" many times during the winter nights (1973-1978)while in the interior of Alaska because Uncle Sam was my travel agent.... Tracked 1 particular grizzly bear for 3 seasons.. Final time were following fresh tracks for a hour or so we turned around and started backtracking... About 15 minutes after turning around and backtracking we ..found his tracks on top of tracks.. He had circled around and was tracking us but we never saw him............... During the salmon fish runs have been standing knee deep in the river water and after hearing a sound behind me and turning around there was a grizzly bear munching on my fish laying on the ground...... Even though with a Ruger 44mag on my hip I just eased off away and let him have my fish...... Would have been in BIG trouble with Alaska Game Wardens for shooting the bear who was minding his own business looking for a easy free meal..,,,Saw serveral incidents that people got into as much if not more trouble for violating Fish and Game laws as would someone for killing another human person. ..............During hunting season you never went alone.. Always hunting in pairs.... Winchester 338magnum rifle and 44mag on my hip...Some said I was armed on the light side........................... drill sgt.

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    I want a You-Pick/You-Fish farm and plant nursery, to create a family legacy to leave behind. It will also be a (summer) skills school and could be a wedding venue.

Everything is designed and planned, the knowledge base is strong and always growing, and now I'm working on land and money.

It would be nice to be further along but the adventure to get me to this point is what will make it possible later.

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    See the northern lights. See a live,wild Grizzly in it’s element.
    Best to check them out at Yellowstone, where some idiot tourist will almost certainly be determined to get closer to them than you are.

I got "too close" for my own comfort and while taking pictures two other idiots entered the frame significantly closer than me, was amusing and instantly made me feel better.

Top Bottom