Bucket List's?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    My bucket list is steadily being chipped down as my wife and I made it a goal to go to three different countries per year before we had a kid. So far we've been to every continent besides Australia and Antarctica, both of which are on my list!

Things that are left - internationally:
    - Northern Lights (where is TBD)
    - Climb Mt Kilamanjaro
    - See Everest in person (Nepal side)
    - Greece
    - Spain
    - Northern Italy
    - Germany
    - Ireland / Scotland
    - Australia
    - Antarctica (Seriously)

Domestically:
    - Explore more of Washington State
    - Alaska
    - Hike parts of the AT throughout the NE (mostly Maine)

That's just the stuff off the top of my head. I also intend on getting SCUBA certified at some point. We were going to do it last year, but that didn't work out.

Big perk of my wife being a part-time travel agent nowadays is that we have scored some great deals on travel. (Shameless plug) As I mentioned in other posts, I'd be happy to connect anyone with her to see if she can score you a deal on travel! She doesn't charge fees!

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I have not read the books, I will have to find them and at least give one a try. Any suggestions on which to start with?
    I read Chariots of the Gods last year and enjoyed it.

Unrelated, but I would also recommend "Guns, Germs, and Steel: The Fates of Human Societies"

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Ah Erich von Danken, old boy is still active last I saw of him on Ancient Aliens.
    Yup! He's also been on the JRE podcast if I remember correctly.

There is also the guy from Ancient Apocalypse, Graham Hancock. I have one of his books downloaded on audible I think. He's a bit nutty.

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    I read Chariots of the Gods last year and enjoyed it.

Unrelated, but I would also recommend "Guns, Germs, and Steel: The Fates of Human Societies"
    Von daniken is quite the character. They are all onto something, not sure if it is aliens or something else, but from what I can see mainstream history is missing something big.

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    Yup! He's also been on the JRE podcast if I remember correctly.

There is also the guy from Ancient Apocalypse, Graham Hancock. I have one of his books downloaded on audible I think. He's a bit nutty.
    Yeah, Hancock does get a bit out there. But a bunch of his observations are worth looking into.

I follow a good channel on you tube, ancient architects. It is balanced and the guy really likes Egyptian stuff but does cover almost everything. He pulls info from most of the alternative history people and presents it well, mostly non biased.

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    Im going to spell most of these locations wrong but here we go.

I have a fascination with neolitic buildings, cyclopean construction, anything with big carved blocks.

So in no specific order, here is where I want to go

Giza Plateau
    Valley of the Kings
    Nan Madol
    Ballbek
    Puma Punku
    Chichen Itza
    Tiwanaku
    Gobekli Tepe
    and many more

Basically if you watch Ancient Aliens, I want to go to all of those places and look around. Not sure if I will find any evidence of aliens, but I know I would be enthralled the entire time.
    I think me and you are on the same level. Problem is, for me, I'm not traveling outside the country. Specifically, I'm not traveling anywhere unarmed.

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell

I've been following this guy for 4 or 5 years, he has come a long way. In the past year or so, he has collaborated with all the aforementioned.

Graham Hancock is less off base than others mentioned and offers good insight on a variety of topics.
    I like Jimmy at bright insight. Not sure if he is right about the ricaut structure in moratania being the og Atlantis, but he has some great vids about the winged bulls and other stuff from antiquity.

Top Bottom