Buckles Custom Gunwork - up and running

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VincentBuckles

Mesa Kinetic
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2010
    Gonzales, LA
    as of today, i have worked out a deal with Will at Red Stick/Red Jacket to rent a bench and work on my own work at his facility. This is a fully FLL'ed facility that specilizes in custom AKs. Also a Class 3 dealer. We will soon be getting into a lot of custom builds on ARs as well and hopefully move forward with new projects in the future.

if you need any sort of gunsmith work done, i urge to call me at my direct number which is (412) 670-2620. this is not a open to the public retail store so i ask you make an appointment, and i will make time to see you. i am not set up to take credit cards for MY services at this time, so payment must be cash on delivery or checks from my few select long term customers. this shop is lathe equipped so some jobs i have been turning down while at my past shop are now ready for my loving touch.

if you are in need of class 3 services or a custom AK build, i urge you to call Red Stick @ (225) 448-3167

The Shop is located in the Cortana Mall area and appointment only.

i look foward to hearing from you.

VincentBuckles

Mesa Kinetic
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2010
    Gonzales, LA
    its funny you mention that... ever since i bought a digital camera i never really took too many pictures of before and after jobs.. often times i guess because my internal work on 1911s, cowboy action guns, and trigger work is not easily captured on film, but i have a stack of 35mm photos i'll scan and post of work i was doing a few years ago.

if you are interested in the custom AKs and Class 3 stuff that is being built at Red Stick though.. the link to the sight is below

http://www.redstick-firearms.com/

VincentBuckles

Mesa Kinetic
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2010
    Gonzales, LA
    what i really need to do is grab a pic of the M-40 i built for michael walters and scan the target he shot with it. 5 rounds of .308 hornady match 100 yards that i could put a penny over. that always makes the creator of something proud.

Trickasabrick

older than dirt
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 25, 2008
    Prairieville
    what i really need to do is grab a pic of the M-40 i built for michael walters and scan the target he shot with it. 5 rounds of .308 hornady match 100 yards that i could put a penny over. that always makes the creator of something proud.

Hi Vince, Michael's dad here (Dave). I have his M-40 in my safe, and I'll try to get a couple of pics of it if you'd like and post them. Not sure where the target he shot is, but I'll ask him if he still has it.

VincentBuckles

Mesa Kinetic
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2010
    Gonzales, LA
    hey mr dave... i have the target. but if you could grab a couple of pics that would be awesome. he didnt go get it all rusty again now did he? hows he doin? is he still in AIT or did he finish that?

Trickasabrick

older than dirt
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 25, 2008
    Prairieville
    hey mr dave... i have the target. but if you could grab a couple of pics that would be awesome. he didnt go get it all rusty again now did he? hows he doin? is he still in AIT or did he finish that?

Michael is fine, he's still in AIT and doing great. He should finish around the first part of May and get to come home for a couple of weeks before heading to DLI. He left me in charge of the rifle, so no rust on my watch ;). I'll shoot a couple of pictures for you in the next couple of days. Glad to see you are getting into something new.

Red Jacket

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 4, 2007
    The great thing about Vincent is that he's been right here local doing top line work for the better part of the last decade . With a built in client list like that , I don't think it'll take him very long at all to get up and running .

VincentBuckles

Mesa Kinetic
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2010
    Gonzales, LA
    Custom M-40 Build

DSC_0225.jpg

DSC_0224.jpg

proudly owned and fired with extreme precision by Michael Walters US Army

VincentBuckles

Mesa Kinetic
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2010
    Gonzales, LA
    Many thanks to Mr Dave Walters, whose son Michael (the owner of this rifle) is currently away serving our country in the US Army, for the picture of one of my custom builds.

In the next few days i will scan and post the target that Mike shot with this puppy his first time out with her. I'd like to thank Mike for letting me keep that target. Hes a far better rifle shot than I am.

A little history on this build. that rifle began life as a 360 dollar remington 700 ADL synthetic in .257 Roberts that i found it sitting on the rack at Gander Mountain. The only original compoments are the action, bolt and trigger assembly... though all have been altered.

The barrel is a 1/10 Krieger, 25" long, chambered in true 7.62 Nato. The stock is a McMillian A3 with an intregal cheekpiece, Williams steel floorplate, pachmayer recoil pad,Tubb oversize recoil lug.

The glass was later added by Mike and mounted by me. The rifle began its life as black parkerized metal and a SWAT grey stock that i painted, but after a little incident with a rainstorm and a pelican case and i suspect a budweiser or two, Mike brought it back. him and i made a humble attempt to paint it old school cold war style vehicle camo. thats actually dark green and not tan, but you know how digital cameras get when it come to true color..

The barrel, i bought as a contured blank and i threaded the shank and chambered it myself. after chopping an inch of the muzzle i cut a recessed target crown. The action was completely blueprinted and while doing this i cursed remington's QC department many times. and the final alterations on the stock parts was a full trigger rework.

this thing can shoot. 5 shots in what looks like a 3 shot cloverleaf at 100 and can easily pop coke cans at 300. and thats factory .308. neither Michael nor myself ever thought we needed to work up a handload for it. its definately half MOA and that beats Quanticos standards.

VincentBuckles

Mesa Kinetic
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2010
    Gonzales, LA
    Sam shoots his S&W revolver quite well. Did you do the action job on it as well?

Sam or his daddy probably did that. Sam was my assistant for a while after he retired from LSP. eventually he moved on to work for Walker PD i believe, but he did a lot of revolver jobs in the shop when he was there. I never worked on his revolvers cause he could do it himself but he has seen a lot of my work. I miss workin with Sam. he always said it was the most fun job he ever had. we'd just work on guns and listen to old country and cut up all day. good times.

Red Jacket

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 4, 2007
    DSC_0225.jpg

DSC_0224.jpg

proudly owned and fired with extreme precision by Michael Walters US Army

This is an area we've been lacking in that I intend to take full advantage of :) Just think how much better that rifle would look with a nice RJF suppressor on it :D Hey Vincent , thats what we call a " guerrilla hi-jacking" LOL :D

VincentBuckles

Mesa Kinetic
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2010
    Gonzales, LA
    This is an area we've been lacking in that I intend to take full advantage of :) Just think how much better that rifle would look with a nice RJF suppressor on it :D Hey Vincent , thats what we call a " guerrilla hi-jacking" LOL :D

martin short: everyone know gorillas are only native to equitorial africa

cpt ron: nah boss, theres guerillas out there

martin short: very funny captain ron, i'm gonna have a look around

cpt ron: suit yourself boss.

Red Jacket

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 4, 2007
    martin short: everyone know gorillas are only native to equitorial africa

cpt ron: nah boss, theres guerillas out there

martin short: very funny captain ron, i'm gonna have a look around

cpt ron: suit yourself boss.

:rofl: I love it :) Damn a need a new copy of that , friggin classic .

VincentBuckles

Mesa Kinetic
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2010
    Gonzales, LA
    and just before anyone asks. without glass, thats a three thousand dollar rifle. and it shoots like a three thousand dollar rifle. and that was few years ago. i would have to check prices on parts nowadays. future rifles i would rather build of Surgeon Rifles actions and wll cost more due to the higher quality of the action and higher price to me.

Top Bottom