Buffer zone getting stupid!!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jdalton

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    Went out to the bz twice this weekend. Both times got harrased by the inbred locals.. These guys are crazy; one parked his truck in the middle of the road and opened both doors leaned on his tailgate and shouted at us as we tried to drive around. They dumped some carcases in front the pit obviously to try to make ppl stay out. After about 20 min of shooting the sheriff pulls up and makes us leave, we were polite and respectful even tho he wasnt. Whats up with theseguys thinking they own the place?

Jdalton

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    It was a deer and pig. I hope this is jst hunting season redneck ego. It was the pit with the trench dug right by the road to keep ppl from driving in it and the birm. I think if they are worried about getting hit by a stray bullet they have a better chance of getting shot by each other.

Ryan316

My way or the highway
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Kenner, LA
    That sucks the cops chased you off though. I thought all the "Law trouble" had finally been squashed & where to & where not to shoot locations were set.

Last edited:

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    I tried Sunday about noon. Literally a P/U every 100 yards or so. Every body standing around. Most waved. One group unfriendly. Fellow said they were running deer with the dogs. They all had 2-way radios, and would jump in their vehicles and race down the road, all jump out and run into the woods. Then move again. We watched for a few, then decided there were WAAAAAy too many folks, in all directions, with guns. Discretion and all that.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    I tried Sunday about noon. Literally a P/U every 100 yards or so. Every body standing around. Most waved. One group unfriendly. Fellow said they were running deer with the dogs. They all had 2-way radios, and would jump in their vehicles and race down the road, all jump out and run into the woods. Then move again. We watched for a few, then decided there were WAAAAAy too many folks, in all directions, with guns. Discretion and all that.
    And they call that hunting ...

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    Right you are sir! I went out there, and as you said there was the deer carcass stinking up the place. On the other hand there wasn't a soul out there all day except for two cars that passed early on.

What a glorious day it was too. 220 rounds of Mosin-Nagant ammo and 210 rounds of 5.45x39 downrange. I was testing out a counterbored 91/30 I bought a couple years ago, and trying to fix an AK74 I built. The 74 was ejecting into the receiver, but a hammer sorted it out. God! I love the AK platform! The Mosin-Nagant was striking right about 2" at 25 yards, but once I sorted it out that $30 gun was hitting clay pigeons on the berm. Anyway The range was nasty as always, but I cleaned up a Dorignacs bag full of trash. The grass is dying down, so I could get in some 250-yard shots, and that was good.

Trey@IG

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Northshore of Chocolate City
    Right you are sir! I went out there, and as you said there was the deer carcass stinking up the place. On the other hand there wasn't a soul out there all day except for two cars that passed early on.

What a glorious day it was too. 220 rounds of Mosin-Nagant ammo and 210 rounds of 5.45x39 downrange. I was testing out a counterbored 91/30 I bought a couple years ago, and trying to fix an AK74 I built. The 74 was ejecting into the receiver, but a hammer sorted it out. God! I love the AK platform! The Mosin-Nagant was striking right about 2" at 25 yards, but once I sorted it out that $30 gun was hitting clay pigeons on the berm. Anyway The range was nasty as always, but I cleaned up a Dorignacs bag full of trash. The grass is dying down, so I could get in some 250-yard shots, and that was good.

are you talking about the grass across the street? how far into there do you go to get off a 250 yd shot? i dont have a range finder

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Cognac.cal
    Top Bottom