Buffer Zone Pics

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    Here???

bufferzone.jpg

Are you sure you're not an Officer in the Military?:rofl:

CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    Just poking fun I know there is at least one Major on here that will remain anonymous (Since I don't think he has stated here that he is I won't). There is nothing better than letting a 2nd Leuy walk all night in the wrong direction just to watch the CO go off on him:rofl:

I remember this one time when our Plt Leader new a short cut and we walked right into the CO's AO when we were suppose to be out patrolling somewheres else. That sucked we all walked for an additional 5 hours that night; because of that.

artabr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    New Iberia , Louisiana
    Thanks for cleaning that place up. People that leave all their trash and don't pick up after themselfs give ALL of us a bad name in the public eye. Is that place public or private land? Looks like it would be a cool spot if it were cleaned up. UPS just delivered my ACOG, time to play. lol Thanks again for the clean up.

ART

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    Is that place public or private land?

AFAIK, it's Federal owned property, but the local constabulary doesn't seem to have a problem with people shooting there.;) That may all change when we start knocking down trees with Nomad's Barrett! :eek3::rofl:

Dave

dtknowles

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    hunting club leases it from the Gov. and lets the public use the pit. Could be posted any time the club wants.

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    hunting club leases it from the Gov. and lets the public use the pit. Could be posted any time the club wants.

Do you know the name of the hunting club? I'd actually like to speak with someone directly and possibly get something in writing in regards to the public shooting out there.

#1bambam

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Oct 14, 2007
    The Nasty New Orleans.
    Do you know the name of the hunting club? I'd actually like to speak with someone directly and possibly get something in writing in regards to the public shooting out there.
    locals that shoot there say they have been shooting there for 20 years if it were a problem they would put up a sighn or post it saying no shooting.I dont know if they will give permission formaly wouldent that open them up to liability.

tmlowe

enthusiast in training
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    river ridge
    There is a buffer zone shooting and archery club. I was talking to one of the range officers at HI yesterday and he was telling me about it. I forgot to ask where in there they shot though.

#1bambam

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Oct 14, 2007
    The Nasty New Orleans.
    There is a buffer zone shooting and archery club. I was talking to one of the range officers at HI yesterday and he was telling me about it. I forgot to ask where in there they shot though.
    I was told by a sheriff that there was a range on the south side of I-10 and as long as we werent shooting on the other side of the road where the 4 wheelers run.I doubt that the owner of the land will give permission for the public to come and shoot there too much liability.If they dident want ppl to shoot there there wouldent be thousands of spent cases and shotgun shells and they would have listed it on the huge white billboard that says you cannot camp overnight there.

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    I was told by a sheriff that there was a range on the south side of I-10 and as long as we werent shooting on the other side of the road where the 4 wheelers run.I doubt that the owner of the land will give permission for the public to come and shoot there too much liability.If they dident want ppl to shoot there there wouldent be thousands millions of spent cases and shotgun shells and they would have listed it on the huge white billboard that says you cannot camp overnight there.

:rofl:

Ike

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2008
    Covington
    I found something online a while back about the buffer zone and its purpose. In it was listed recreational uses. They listed hunting and fishing as things taking place in it. I guess they know people are shooting guns in there.

I would like to make it out there sometime.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    kjstang02
    Top Bottom