Buffer Zone Suggestion Thread ** Official

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    MAn that's a *GREAT* idea. I get so tired of trying to find a place to put the gun I'm not shooting. How do you see making it? I made one for my home by using a 2" drill bit to drill 36 holes in a board 5" apart on center, then slicing the board down the center of the row of holes. I ended up with a board that had 36 indentations for rifle barrels. The problem with my idea is that it will take pretty heavy use, and won't hold up to the punishment people will dish out at Stennis.

GBob01

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 29, 2007
    the northshore
    The one that i made for my buddy for his private range was done more or less like a sawhorse. It has a shelf attatched across the bottom for them to sit on and the board across the top with the half round slots on top, alternating on both sides. We can set 12 guns on it. Their off the ground and stable. I should be able to have two of them done by next Sunday. They'll hold up if people use them for what they are intended for, and don't abuse them.

I'd try to get out to the BZ tommorow, but with this rain I refuse to put my stuff on the ground. If we can get a new table or two and a coupe rifle racks out there it would be great

CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    So is a shoot house next?

Man it is scarry enough to be on the firing line with some of this Motley Crue much less a shooting house. I do like cat walks with my shooting houses to observe and critique from so try to add that to the blue prints on it. Remember stay a foot of the walls as some rounds like to parallel the walls if/when they ricochet.

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    GB, I think he's making fun of us. How about we don't let him use our stuff, eh?

:)

Actually I wish we could put a roof over the table, but I think they'd call that a "structure", and those are illegal out there.

GBob01

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 29, 2007
    the northshore
    He can make fun all he wants. Some people just don't have "Vision".:D

I personally would like to see it as a more comfortable place to shoot, and the couple improvements we can make won't/shouldn't cost much time or money wise.
    I dont think we really need the shoot house

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    OK I have a new suggestion. Only one member has come forth with planks for the top of the table. One guy at the range today suggested it might be better if I accepted Paypal. Anyone who would like to donate to this job can send me $5 or $10 via Paypal, by sending the money to regmar@my-rifle.com. I think at the end of this week I'm going to have to buy whatever hasn't been provided, and I'd sure like it if some folks would help.

By the way, I suggest you wait two weeks before going out there again. The place is flooded, and water is halfway up the table legs.

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    OK I have a new suggestion. Only one member has come forth with planks for the top of the table. One guy at the range today suggested it might be better if I accepted Paypal. Anyone who would like to donate to this job can send me $5 or $10 via Paypal, by sending the money to regmar@my-rifle.com. I think at the end of this week I'm going to have to buy whatever hasn't been provided, and I'd sure like it if some folks would help.

By the way, I suggest you wait two weeks before going out there again. The place is flooded, and water is halfway up the table legs.
    I'll send you something by the end of the week. My funds are tapped at the moment with a few recent purchases but I get paid Friday. :D.

penguin

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Slidell, LA / NOLA
    Anyone going out there this weekend. I'll be out in the morning. Never been out there so I'm not sure what to expect. I'm going to bring a few saw horses and some wood to use as a bench for arms and the like; but do I need to (is there one already there)? I'll also be policing the area after the shoot.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    You can't build a structure out there, but you could probably put an umbrella over the table... anybody have an old one?

What about drilling barrel notches into the ends of the table? Then you could lean your rifle against the table ends...

I'd love to see a plan for a shoot house if someone has one.

penguin

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Slidell, LA / NOLA
    Just got back. When y'all said it floods - you were right! I met 'my-rifle' up there but he was heading home. Something about him being more whipped by his wife than I am by mine...lol Good guy and can't wait to shoot with him. Had a nice day. Shot a 7mm Rem, 30-06, .38, 9mm and a .40. Not many targets out there, but enough bottles and cans to have fun. I'm down for donating money to the cause to build a table or two out there.

Also, what about a nice big BS.com meet/bbq/shoot there (for all of us that are local enough to attend - or those that like long leisurely drives)?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PatRome
    Top Bottom