Buffer Zone Suggestion Thread ** Official

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lion_hunter

Getting There
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Slidell, LA
    Me likes the sound of this...what kind of time frame are we talking about here?

I'll post the schedule as soon as things start to fall in place. I told my friend that there would be great interest since everyone who trained at the BZ has no where to go now and, like me, feel that paying to stand still at a "controlled" range is a waste of time and money!

dixiejarhead

Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    NOLA/Northshore!
    I also am in the process of land selection to open a tactical range that will be in the vicinity of BR/NOLA and the northshore. More on that later. Looking at larger parcels however and it will be a longer range - minimum of 500 yards If I can get the right tract and my partners pull through with the investment cash. We will be 50 cal rated as well.

cnodie1

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    New Orleans
    I also am in the process of land selection to open a tactical range that will be in the vicinity of BR/NOLA and the northshore. More on that later. Looking at larger parcels however and it will be a longer range - minimum of 500 yards If I can get the right tract and my partners pull through with the investment cash. We will be 50 cal rated as well.

OOH I like options! Keep us updated!!

dixiejarhead

Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    NOLA/Northshore!
    I'll start a new thread on my exploits when the time comes. Don't want to hi jack this thread, just wanted to put it out there. Been looking at zoning issues in st tammany. It will be within 45 minutes drive from any of the three areas though - BR/NO/northshore. I will also have an FFL. Other plans are forthcoming as well.

GoKill

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2010
    Oh man a sad times when you live in the woods and cant enjoy one of the few freedoms we have left. I figured it was a matter of time with all the construction that was going on back there. I just found out yesterday from my neighbor that the BZ had signs and is closed.... now what?? I really don't want to deal with any range nazi's.. However this tactical range in the BZ sounds like a winner... Please keep us updated. I just don't see how it would happen if the county is shutting us down for safety issues. There will still be safety concerns anywhere in the BZ no?

Just bought a used .22 and really need to see what I'm working with. Any ideas would be great.

Also I want to take my son on his first squirrel and rabbit hunt this year but don't want any trouble. Where should I take him other then the oblivious WMA's?

Ok, here's my last rights and testament to good times in the BZ. She will be missed....:(

Last edited:

Lion_hunter

Getting There
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Slidell, LA
    I'll be getting together with my friend 1st week in Feb 2013. I will have an update after that with the status of his range.

I'll post the schedule as soon as things start to fall in place. I told my friend that there would be great interest since everyone who trained at the BZ has no where to go now and, like me, feel that paying to stand still at a "controlled" range is a waste of time and money!

cdaniel76

Honey Island Range Ofcr.
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 12, 2011
    Covington, LA
    Just curious, any update to this? Thanks.

Curious as well. Any information on this? Is it opened? Closed? I live in Slidell and am going to drive out that way this afternoon just to see what I can gather. I will report back.

Edited 3/15/12: Drove by Pit 3 and it is still blocked by the berm and signs that were posted by another member on July 1, 2012 a few pages back.

Last edited:

Lion_hunter

Getting There
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Slidell, LA
    I am training tomorrow with the owner of the land in the BZ that will be converted into a tactical training range. I should get an update tomorrow to post. Last I heard, he was going to have to have a hearing in front of county zoning in MS. He had dozers lined up to start creating the range berms and layout. Not sure if he is still waiting to get a endangered species clearance (how about endangered tactical ranges?).

Will post more tomorrow.

danthemanx07

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 29, 2012
    Mandeville
    I am training tomorrow with the owner of the land in the BZ that will be converted into a tactical training range. I should get an update tomorrow to post. Last I heard, he was going to have to have a hearing in front of county zoning in MS. He had dozers lined up to start creating the range berms and layout. Not sure if he is still waiting to get a endangered species clearance (how about endangered tactical ranges?).

Will post more tomorrow.

Keep us posted. I am not familiar with where folks have been shooting in the BZ, but I would be interested in any new shooting venue near NOLA.

Lion_hunter

Getting There
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Slidell, LA
    I shot at the range in Picayune with the owner today... Grand Opening is set for second weekend in November. I'll post the company facebook page once it is up. Nice range. Rifle range out to 200 yds, multiple pistol ranges and another 100 yard range. It is going to be open to the public, walk ins, memberships and one on one tactical traing, as well as group classes, limited to 5 shooters per class for excellent instructor / student interaction. Reasonable pricing (details to appear on facebook page)

More to come!

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 4

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    No, the range is North of Stennis on Flat Top Road, off of Texas Flat Road. It is inside the BZ though.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 4

Lion_hunter, thanks for keeping us updated on this. A new buffer zone range will be a lot of fun. I image it will be a bit more, shall we say "controlled" than the old one was? Like no blowing up propane bottles?

Top Bottom