Building a car-15/xm

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Winterborn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 4, 2010
    Alexandria LA
    Hi all.I'm in the midst of my first ar build and run into a bit of a snafu. I was going to build an m16a1 clone at first but now it seems like the parts kits have dried up. Instead I'm going for another build.I like the old school look of the car-15 and xm series of rifle and I found this upper

http://model1sales.com/index.cfm?fu...category_id=319&CFID=4012588&CFTOKEN=82834969

I plan on getting the a2 upper and the slot flashider. My questions are simple. How hard would it be to get a replacement barrel for this upper? How are model one sales? and if there is another place I could get this style of rifle. Thanks

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    ar15.com has a section for people building retro styled AR15's. I built a XM177 inspired one last year with a Colt upper that didn't have the forward assist or deflector hump. If you want a real authentic styled lower look at nodakspud.
    http://www.nodakspud.com/AR Lowers.htm

Their NDS-601 lower is perfect for an early XM build. They also make the retro uppers and will build them to match each other.

Dave

Winterborn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 4, 2010
    Alexandria LA
    I'm curious as to where you found the forward barrel assembly? I'm not wanting to make this a SBR project so I know I have to have a permanent flashhider

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cajuntiger84
    Top Bottom