Building a SBR

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jjh

hello???
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 25, 2007
    Covington, La
    looking to build a sbr we are going the llc route my only question is when we fill out the state paperwork do we use the llc name or our names

TDH

FFL/Class 3 NFA Dealer
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Livingston
    already have the llc established and payed for

Most people prefer the trust because if your on an LLC for any reason and you decide to extinguish the LLC you won't have to find a way to transfer, especially if someone else's name is on the LLC.

It's a matter of personal preference. The paperwork should be done under the LLC if you chose to go that route. The LLC must also be engraved into the receiver.

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    ok so when filling out the firearm manufactuer documents for the state I use the llc's name

On your Form 1, box 4.a is "Name and Location of Original Manufacturer of Firearm (Receiver). It is the brand of the item you are about to SBR.

Also, to answer your first question, you put the name of the LLC in box 3b. "Applicant's Name and Mailing Address".

Also, make sure you have the current form 1 dated 07/31/2007.

Any other questions?

JR1572

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    http://www.lsp.org/pdf/chDealerReg.pdf my problem is with this form do we use the llc name? As its not a partnership my wife owns the llc. Now do we need to list both of us on the Info request lines or do we just list her as it's her llc and Im not responsable for it ?

Mine is a trust. Call the LSP on Monday at 225-925-4867, they can answer all of your questions.

And furthermore, the questions I answered earlier are in reference to the Form 1 that you send to the ATF, not to the state.

JR1572

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spydy
    Top Bottom