Building the ultimate "Tactia-COOL" ATV for pigs and deer hunting

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • meauxcg

Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    May 27, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I just received an early Christmas present from my wife and best friend!!! It's a refurbished like new 96 Honda 4trax 300. This thing runs and drives perfect, even better than my father in laws 10 rincon, go figure!

Since I'm a tech geek and love tactical toys just because, why not turn the ugly mustard stock paint job with boring stock rims into a bad ass Tacticool!! ATV.

I'm thinking of course tactical black paint like a matching ATV to the Call of Duty Jeep. It will of course start with 2 10K lumen head lights from Vision X, and a 10" IR light bar for Hog hunting and extra illumination for the NVG scope.

What else? Stealth muffler is mandatory. It has front and rear baskets, Extra bars? What racks for quick release AR and AK rifles? Toss out some ideas and any artwork, shop photos.

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    Links to that IR light bar would be greatly appreciated. I have an M1A1 milsurp trailer that I am welding a shooting deck to and turning into a mobile hog ambush platform. I am very interested in more IR illumination for the setup.

Scott.Thornton

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Denham Area
    The 10K is 10,000 lumens and not the frequency and they draw only 1/4 of the amps of the stock 25 watt lights. This is the place I'm picking them up from,

http://www.visionxusa.com/LED-Optim....html?osCsid=ae6eb4ed7f81584e7915bdb063d895cf

the IR light bar is from the same place.

Any input on some bad ass brush guard that I can push over trees with? How about some " tactical" looking wheels?

Just build one if you want a really stout bumper. That's good information about the lights.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts

Dr Elliot

Breeder of Deer Dogs
    Rating - 100%
    100   0   0
    Jul 19, 2010
    Metairie
    My swivel-mount to handheld spotlight gets a lot of use, could add red lens. I get a lot of use out of the trunk - mounted on the rear rack. Cabelas sells a bracket to hold a 5-gallon bucket, that hangs off your rack. Real handy to carry bait or any other small loose items. You might consider a device to lift game onto rack. Lifting 100+ pound animals can be a real challenge, easpecially when they react like a big sack of water. A winch (electric or manual) will be needed at some point.

I have used the Kolpin Gun Boots for years. These are padded hard-shell scabbards. Great protection for the gun. You can even mount one on each side (rifle and shotgun). Leave cover off for quick access, no straps or clamps to contend with. Any brackets that hold your gun forward on front rack or handlebars, or cross-wise, will likely expose it to damage.

CrkdLtr

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Just remember that rattle can paints don't particular stick well to atv plastics. To do a good paint job you'll need to prep, clean, apply chemicals that have flexing agents in both primers, sealers, paints and top coats.

Wolfgang1952

LOCAL Fla. Par, Cha. Pres
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 27, 2009
    Mt Hermon / Franklinton La, USA
    Now this is how some of my family like to do it. That’s one of those John Deer 6x6’s. They added a rollbar and other things.

Dehogger.jpg

HogHunt1.jpg

Wolf

SR-NOLA

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2012
    NOLA
    Shovel, Axe, 40mm grenade ammo can mounted to hold extra tactical stuff. Got to mount some machetes on there. My last "tactical" rig was covered in black bedliner it flattens out nicely after a couple of weeks and looks like it wants to hurt people. Stuck well to plastic after a scrubbing with comet and brillo pads, then a rough sanding to get some "tooth" in the plastic.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom