bulgarian AK74's? - fill me in

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr_Willson

rifleman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    mandeville
    ok, about to order one, found cheaper one for $550 on J&G, all black\

who has the cheapest transfers on the northshore?

Last edited:

MrLefty

Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Gonzales, LA
    ok, about to order one, found cheaper one for $550 on J&G, all black

who has the cheapest transfers on the northshore?

If you're talking about the NDS-2 rifle by CAI, that's a Century build. I don't know what your budget is or how good of a rifle you want, but you could do MUCH better. On the other hand, I'm sure it's functional (or can be made to function, lol).

As some people say, "buy once, cry once". You may have different priorities though.

Mr_Willson

rifleman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    mandeville
    If you're talking about the NDS-2 rifle by CAI, that's a Century build. I don't know what your budget is or how good of a rifle you want, but you could do MUCH better. On the other hand, I'm sure it's functional (or can be made to function, lol).

As some people say, "buy once, cry once". You may have different priorities though.

huh? O_o

soooo its not going to work all that great?

well im leaving for AIT in the beginning of october and im gonna be gone until february.

priorities is that I wanna new rifle (a good rifle) and wanna shoot it before I go, and enjoy it when I come home

Last edited:

Mr_Willson

rifleman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    mandeville
    if I can do much better, then someone please tell me where I can find a non- century ak74 rifle for 700 dollars and under

preferably the bulgarian

Mr_Willson

rifleman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    mandeville
    if century arms seems to be what people avoid, then what is everyone else buying?

century is the only manufacturer that ever comes up.

its like nobody else makes them so.....

Mr_Willson

rifleman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    mandeville
    meh, told me we shouldnt bother right now, should get a gun locally rather than deal with it.

supposed to be like an early combined christmas/birthday thing since I was gonna be gone during both of them.

Red Jacket

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 4, 2007
    thank you so much.

but now im having trouble convincing my dad that rifles that are built by people are better than century and what not.

and during this conversation that he also learned that his WASR-10 wasnt built in and imported from romania :hs:
    Century dosn't actually build gun's . They are the importer's of Romanian's [considered to be the Uganda of E.Europe] . They then job them out by the pallet load to a score of small shops around the country for conversion to "assault weapon" spec's [opening the magwell and installing furniture] . They get their kit gun's[ i.e. the 74's you've been talking about ] built the same way . They import a boat load of military de-mill's and job them out . No matter what you buy , it was built or modifiyed in a small shop in America . Why ? Because that's the law , it's illegal to import non-sporting weapon's . If you want a quality 74 , built by a reputable company with a warrenty that's actually honored , there's a 1/2 dozen companies in the country . Arsenal used to be a great choice , but for the last couple year's they've been plagued with quality control issues and you're hearing nightmare type stories about trying to get them to fix problem gun's . The only way you will get a "new" gun is to buy a Saiga in 5.45 and have it converted to a AK74 configuration . Next up [and prefered by many] find a find a excellent condition kit and have it build , or find a gun built on a excellent rated kit . The Centrury guns are built on the kit's no one with a name will touch [the absolute cheapest , bottom of the barrel] . Hope this clears up how the industry works a bit for you .

Red Jacket

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 4, 2007
    OK my AK74 was built by some joker named Will at Red Jacket. How's the quality? Did I get ripped off?

:D

Dave

yeah , you're ****ed , I heard he was psycho workaholic who drives his people like it was Marine Corps boot camp :) Will's pretty consistantly in the top 5 . Which is pretty cool when he's doing 20 a week and normally being compared to a guy who's doing 2 a month :eek3:

hdfreak1

Bikes and Guns
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Walker, LA
    yeah , you're ****ed , I heard he was psycho workaholic who drives his people like it was Marine Corps boot camp :)

Oh, great! Now you tell me Will! :rofl:
    Really, if you want quality, bye quality. Every gun I have from Will(Red Jacket) is assemble right, tight fit, great finish, and never a problem. My other ak's, and some of them from Century, just simply aren't in the same league. Side by side, you can SEE the differences. Buy quality guns once, cry once, and then enjoy them for a lifetime. My .02

Akajun

Go away,Batin...
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Apr 10, 2008
    Brusly
    Just Left Jims, on the used gun rack, they have an Interarms Tantal for $699. This has the original Polish barrell and doesnt have the keyholing problems of the Century guns.

I'd still rather buy Mr. Lefty's Bulgarian though,

asianak

Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Oh, great! Now you tell me Will! :rofl:
    Really, if you want quality, bye quality. Every gun I have from Will(Red Jacket) is assemble right, tight fit, great finish, and never a problem. My other ak's, and some of them from Century, just simply aren't in the same league. Side by side, you can SEE the differences. Buy quality guns once, cry once, and then enjoy them for a lifetime. My .02

hdfreak1 is right! I've seen his and I mean ALL of this Ak's and they are very very very nice Ak's and the fit and finish is perfect! Listen to these guys they're not just trying to give Will(Red Jacket) buisness because I don't even know Will but I've seen his work and I'm impressed.

Bladebu1

1 more old SeaBee
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Diamondhead Ms
    Before Red Jacket was a ( sponcer ) at this site I have heard good things about them.
    I have never delt with them yet But I would
    and you are better spending a little more for somthing you life may depend on that is just me but I want to know it will work ever time
    and from what I have seen there price is right anyway

Top Bottom