WTS: Bullet/Blast Resistant Glass Panes: Taking all Offers

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mwill75

Tinfoil Fitted
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    New Orleans Area
    I'm moving and getting rid of things in storage. These never sold so I'm putting them up again. Taking all offers. May even consider trades.

These are military-grade tempered and layered bullet and blast resistant glass panels. I have about 15 available.

These are surplus from a job that was being done on the main building in a military base These are the same windows that some military bases may have used to protect some important or not so important buildings.

The dimensions are roughly 4'x31/2' They are about 3.5in thick. And they weigh about 60-70 lbs. I unloaded them by myself but you may need someone to help you. If I am home i can help you load them.

These were ordered at about 1000.00 a piece, but name a price, any price, and Ill work with it.

2pzhdfo.jpg

fan8t1.jpg

Last edited:

Mwill75

Tinfoil Fitted
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    New Orleans Area
    700 OBO a piece.

Make me an offer for one pane or more and I'll see what I can do. Personally I think they are pretty big and for most applications I don't think any one person would need more than two or three sheets.

But make an offer

Danny Abear

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2007
    Brusly, La.
    You do know that they cannot be cut if they are already tempered?

Also, something is wrong with your description, if 4' x 3 1/2' x 3.5" think, they would weigh a couple of hundred pounds each.

Last edited:

Mwill75

Tinfoil Fitted
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    New Orleans Area
    Lol
    Speed Racer, I don't think they paid for these extras. This was more of a company ordering f**K up. They were supposed to order just regular glass for some of the windows, but ordered more of the blast glass by accident

Danny, I'm actually not sure on the tempering, but I thought that all Bullet Resistant Glass was tempered. As for the weight. They are heavy, but I loaded and unloaded 15 of them by myself within 30 mins. Admitedly I'm not a small guy, but I don't think It was more than 100lbs, and using my weights as a reference point I don't think it was too much more than 70lbs maybe 85 at most

Penguin, If you are asking if their is some sort of identifying mark on the windows, then no. These are all straight from the the manufacturer. All there is, is a bar code sticker on most of them.

Last edited:

TDH

FFL/Class 3 NFA Dealer
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Livingston
    Lol

Penguin, If you are asking if their is some sort of identifying mark on the windows, then no. These are all straight from the the manufacturer. All there is, is a bar code sticker on most of them.

I think he is saying isn't it against regulation to mention specific security measures for .gov/.mil facility. Now everybody and their brother knows what type of security glass is on the main building at Jackson Barracks ;)

Mwill75

Tinfoil Fitted
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    New Orleans Area
    ahhh in that case...these are defenitely probably not the same glass that was used on the building.

To be certain I was not on the site during the installation of the actual windows used, so these could be different windows altogether.

Mwill75

Tinfoil Fitted
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    New Orleans Area
    Alright just got back from out of town and had a chance to do some specific measurements.

It seems I over guesstimated the thickness

Anyway they measure 4'4" x 3'4" x 1 1/2"

Mwill75

Tinfoil Fitted
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    New Orleans Area
    The people that make the glass are gulf cost glass products and they have a website. I think the laminate layer is made up of something called Du-point sentry glass.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom