Bullet casing jeweler here...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RyanW

Koch-head
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    No, Sir. And I'm not going to google it to cheat.

Tell me about it, and do you want me to make jewelry with it?

It's made using the .308 projectile. It's generally a very basic piece as well, the less flash the better.

It comes from when a Marine graduates from sniper school, they are given "their bullet." This is because snipers believe that everyone has a bullet that is meant for them, and the sniper is given his bullet, so he has control over it and then becomes invincible. The H.O.G. stands for Hunter of Gunmen.

I ain't no sniper, but I'd like to get something similar for my little brother.

Emily Koro

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    It's made using the .308 projectile. It's generally a very basic piece as well, the less flash the better.

It comes from when a Marine graduates from sniper school, they are given "their bullet." This is because snipers believe that everyone has a bullet that is meant for them, and the sniper is given his bullet, so he has control over it and then becomes invincible. The H.O.G. stands for Hunter of Gunmen.

Thank you for the explanation. I like this, a lot. It sounds like it is an unspent bullet, correct?

Most of the jewelry you see on my Etsy shop has a lot of flash because it is made with women in mind. I have a few simple pieces for men, and am working on getting more made. It sounds to me like this is a somber and respected tradition, and I can see why it would be a very basic piece.

Ajsoftail

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2011
    Hi. I just joined your site to suggest another great etsy seller that has really taken the bullet casing jewelry to a fashion forward level. She also has her own website and sells in stores across the country. She does a lot with casings for both men and women and her artistry is top notch. Here are her links: www.thekeyofa.com and www.ajsoftail.etsy.com. Her designs carry copyrights, so please admire, but don't copy if you are a jewelry artisan. Thought your forum was a great place to increase her brand awareness. She sells her jewelry to many gun clubs, especially the lady shooters!

RyanW

Koch-head
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Thank you for the explanation. I like this, a lot. It sounds like it is an unspent bullet, correct?

Most of the jewelry you see on my Etsy shop has a lot of flash because it is made with women in mind. I have a few simple pieces for men, and am working on getting more made. It sounds to me like this is a somber and respected tradition, and I can see why it would be a very basic piece.

Yes, an "unspent bullet" or just the projectile itself.

If you made one of these, I'd scoop it up in a heartbeat
    DSC03883.JPG

ta2d_cop

#CornholioLivesMatter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 28, 2008
    Covington

Tread carefully. The "hog's tooth" is earned; not bought and sold, but paid for in blood, sweat, and tears. This item is traditionally presented to the graduates of Marine Scout/Sniper School in a private ceremony before or after the official graduation ceremony. That's how it was a decade ago when I went. The ones we earned were hand made by our instructors and S/S Platoon members.

For what its worth, most of the guys I was in STA with were pissed when the History Channel included that in their show. There are enough "wanna be's" out there aready. That was one of the lesser known traditions in the Marine Scout/Sniper community, and we all would have prefered it to have been knpt that way.

If your bro is a Scout/Sniper then have at it, if not maybe a similar item with a 556 projectile of 762x39 might be appropriate for a PIG.

Sorry about the thread hi-jacking. I see some Bullet Jewelry in my wife's future.

Emily Koro

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    Tread carefully. The "hog's tooth" is earned; not bought and sold, but paid for in blood, sweat, and tears. This item is traditionally presented to the graduates of Marine Scout/Sniper School in a private ceremony before or after the official graduation ceremony. That's how it was a decade ago when I went. The ones we earned were hand made by our instructors and S/S Platoon members.

For what its worth, most of the guys I was in STA with were pissed when the History Channel included that in their show. There are enough "wanna be's" out there aready. That was one of the lesser known traditions in the Marine Scout/Sniper community, and we all would have prefered it to have been knpt that way.

If your bro is a Scout/Sniper then have at it, if not maybe a similar item with a 556 projectile of 762x39 might be appropriate for a PIG.

Sorry about the thread hi-jacking. I see some Bullet Jewelry in my wife's future.

You have asked the question that my next one would have been, namely is the brother a sniper with his own HOG's Tooth for me to use in the jewelry? I'd be honored to make something of it, but wouldn't feel right trying to track down the ammo and make something that way.

Thank you for the head's up. No apology needed. I in no way wish to offend. The jewelry casings that I do use are spent by a few close friends and I know where they come from, so I would feel odd just ordering bullets to make jewelry.

Emily Koro

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    Yes, an "unspent bullet" or just the projectile itself.

If you made one of these, I'd scoop it up in a heartbeat
    DSC03883.JPG

If you can provide the raw materials for this, Ryan, I can make it. One of the reasons I am here is to learn more about the materials I could possibly be using if provided, so what exactly am I looking at here?

RyanW

Koch-head
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge

I completely agree with your reasoning, hence why I said "something similar," I learned of the hogs tooth straight from the source, then years later saw the guy who told me about it, not to mention taught me a lot about weapons use, on the History Channel. When I met him, he was teaching me how to sight in a MK 19.

RyanW

Koch-head
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    If you can provide the raw materials for this, Ryan, I can make it. One of the reasons I am here is to learn more about the materials I could possibly be using if provided, so what exactly am I looking at here?

You're looking at about $185,000 dangling on a $1 chain. If I had 15 sears, I'd be too busy wearing them out!

Those little pieces are one of those highly regulated firearm parts that make guns legally fully automatic for civilians, given they jump through all of the hoops required to obtain one. They sell for about $12-18,000, for those particular ones.

Last edited:

Emily Koro

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    I have a **** ton of nutria vertebrate. They're like little, bony Imperial Shuttles --- Would be interesting as jewelry.

Ah! Nutria vertebrae! I make snake and fish vertebrae jewelry, but have not worked with nutria! If you'd like to send me some, enough for me to make something for you and sell a few pieces, I would totally trade my time for some interesting materials!

Emily Koro

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    You're looking at about $185,000 dangling on a $1 chain. If I have 15 sears, I'd be too busy wearing them out!

Those little pieces are one of those highly regulated firearm parts that make guns legally fully automatic for civilians, given they jump through all of the hoops required to obtain one. They sell for about $12-18,000, for those particular ones.

I'm beginning to think you are just toying with me... ;) but like I said, you provide the materials, I'll sting them up on that dog tag chain just for you! ;)

Top Bottom