Bullet casing jeweler here...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Emily Koro

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    Thanks again, for the welcome, ya'll. I'm not sure if this should be a new thread or added to this one so....

A few have messaged me about meeting up in person to see my jewelry so I wanted to post this:

While I do not have a physical store front of my own in Baton Rouge, there are a few shops that carry my work. Earthly Concerns on Lee Drive and the LSU Museum of Art Store in the Shaw Center downtown. I am working with the lady at the USS Kidd's gift store to get some in there, as well.

In New Orleans, I am in Magazine Metals on Magazine Street.

This Friday I will have a booth at the North Gate Music Festival on Chimes Street. Other than that, if you would like better pics of any of the pieces, let me know and I will see what I can do. I will sell directly with an invoice from Paypal if you do not want to sign up for Etsy.

Thanks!

Emily Koro

mikewxs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Ball, LA
    Welcome Emily, I would suggest getting a table at some of the local gun shows, I'm sure your stuff would be very popular with the gun crowd. If you need material to work with, I have about every casing shot today from 22cal to 50cal and everything in between. The ones I can't reload I would give to you for shipping. I would much rather see them go into something nice than in the scrap bin. Shoot me a PM if interested.

Emily Koro

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    Welcome Emily, I would suggest getting a table at some of the local gun shows, I'm sure your stuff would be very popular with the gun crowd. If you need material to work with, I have about every casing shot today from 22cal to 50cal and everything in between. The ones I can't reload I would give to you for shipping. I would much rather see them go into something nice than in the scrap bin. Shoot me a PM if interested.

Private message sent, Mike, thanks!

Also, can ya'll tell me what your favorite gun shows are?

madmax4x4

HONKY
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    New Orleans
    I always liked the bullet cross
    50506_130843481329_3214422_n.jpg

cross-from-bullet-casing.jpg

And I really like to contra cross like they used to sell in the back of S.O.F for Nicaraguan freedom fighters. I would be in for some of them.

Last edited:

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I hope you did well at the gun show today. My wife is currently "Liking" everything she likes on facebook to act as a Christmas List...

Emily Koro

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    I hope you did well at the gun show today. My wife is currently "Liking" everything she likes on facebook to act as a Christmas List...

Thank you! I really had a fun time meeting everyone! It was a warm reception to my work and made me feel very welcome. : ) Tell your wife, "thanks!". : )

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Have you considered working with some of the more exotic looking cases and bullets out there?

Nickeled cases are quite attractive, as are the brass jacketed (as opposed to humdrum copper) projectiles. Hornady also had several black-poly coated cases in .223, 9mm, .40 and .45 in their TAP line not too terribly long ago.

For any kind of warping, shaping or bending, they would definitely be a challenge-- the nickel can flake off quickly if you so much as bell the cases too much during reloading. But for a lot of the pendant and "case bead" designs you do, I think it'd definitely look good. They hold polish extremely well t'boot, and won't patina like the brass cases will. Obviously, that's some of the aesthetic appeal in many of your designs-- but it'd open up a new realm for you to explore, or at least consider.

Emily Koro

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    Have you considered working with some of the more exotic looking cases and bullets out there?

Nickeled cases are quite attractive, as are the brass jacketed (as opposed to humdrum copper) projectiles. Hornady also had several black-poly coated cases in .223, 9mm, .40 and .45 in their TAP line not too terribly long ago.

For any kind of warping, shaping or bending, they would definitely be a challenge-- the nickel can flake off quickly if you so much as bell the cases too much during reloading. But for a lot of the pendant and "case bead" designs you do, I think it'd definitely look good. They hold polish extremely well t'boot, and won't patina like the brass cases will. Obviously, that's some of the aesthetic appeal in many of your designs-- but it'd open up a new realm for you to explore, or at least consider.

Thanks so much for all of the suggestions and thoughts on my work! Wow! I get my spent casings mainly from friends that shoot, so I am kind of at the mercy of what they can supply me with. Do you have any of what you have mentioned here? I would gladly make you a few pieces for a trade of some spent shells to work with!

Emily Koro

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    Any more shows you plan on attending in the BR/NO area before Christmas?

I don't have anything else lined up. I showed at a little art thing this past Sunday, and will be dropping of some of my jewelry there later today. I have pieces at Earthly Concerns, The LSU Museum of Art Store, and will have some in Gallery Bohemia later in the week.

Did you have something in mind?

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I don't have anything else lined up. I showed at a little art thing this past Sunday, and will be dropping of some of my jewelry there later today. I have pieces at Earthly Concerns, The LSU Museum of Art Store, and will have some in Gallery Bohemia later in the week.

Did you have something in mind?

My wife had asked if you would be at any other shows, I don't have anything in mind, however I think she is trying to build up a set of earrings to have enough for every day of the year.

Emily Koro

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    My wife had asked if you would be at any other shows, I don't have anything in mind, however I think she is trying to build up a set of earrings to have enough for every day of the year.

lol.. well, I can definately help with that, and pretty inexpensively, as well!

Top Bottom