Bullet Manufactures Supply/Demand

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Geauxfish

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 18, 2013
    Baton Rouge
    This could just be perception only, but why does it seem that Hornady is able to get out a good assortment of the more popular bullets and calibers better than Barnes, Nosler, Speer, and other manufactures? Both in stores and online, I'm able to find "most" of the bullets that I'm looking for in Hornady but I'm having a very hard time finding anyone elses.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    There is a huge demand for Speer, Federal and Winchester ammunition. Are you only referring to bullets and not ammunition?

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    This could just be perception only, but why does it seem that Hornady is able to get out a good assortment of the more popular bullets and calibers better than Barnes, Nosler, Speer, and other manufactures? Both in stores and online, I'm able to find "most" of the bullets that I'm looking for in Hornady but I'm having a very hard time finding anyone elses.

Hornady put making the odd ball stuff and not so main stream sellers on hold. They also put Some of the normal stuff like .303 cal on hold as well.
    They are not making more just seeing more on the self of stuff like 22 cal 30 cal ect. Want bullets from Hornady for a Mosin? Forget it.

Geauxfish

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 18, 2013
    Baton Rouge
    I think that you're all right. They may be focusing more on getting components out the door. I'm primarily looking at 44 and 45 cal bullets and can usually find them if I look hard and long enough. Finding Speer or Barnes is pretty much impossible (at least where I've been looking). I can sometimes find some Nosler in 30 cal.

Top Bottom