Bullets for 9mm vs 38super

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mahamoti

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 20, 2011
    Walker, LA
    Since 9mm 135gr Bayous have been hard to come by, I've been looking for a similar alternative. It seems that every other manufacturer, like Berry's, for instance, only has a 135gr bullet in 38super. Both bullets are .356 diameter, so is there something like bullet profile that makes one .356 135gr bullet for 38super, and another for 9mm? Or would it be OK to load 38super bullets for 9mm?

Last edited:

enutees

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jul 4, 2010
    Prairieville
    Did you contact Donnie directly? He brought some to CAS for me last month when I was out. Don't know the answer to your question though.

The_Shadow

The Shadow Knows!
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 24, 2010
    Southeast, LA
    I had bought some Zero brand bullets from Roze Dist that were 121 grain JHP's @ 0.356" designed for the 38Super, for a project with 357Sig and 9x25Dillon and they were great, however while trying to obtain more they have been out for quite some time now. I continue to check for them with no luck! I have a feeling the price of copper has been too eratic for these companies to purchase their supplies.

The reason I had like them was that they were priced well, true jacketed bullets and the bullet's length & olgive allowed for positive seating and no movement or bullet set back.

Best regards!

Top Bottom