Bullets for Social Security?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Obscure federal agencies triggered a firestorm of conspiracy theories this week after they put out orders for thousands of rounds of deadly hollow-point bullets.

Because other bullets aren't deadly?

we.the.people

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2012
    450,220,000 rounds of ammo between the DHS, NOAA, SSA... think about it every agency has a budget and they are having trouble passing the "death by a thousand cuts" gun laws as I like to put it. They are trying to keep the ammo out of the american citizens hands, not to mention the NOAA has it's own raid teams with assault rifles. Thats more ammunition than used in WAR,

"In addition to the increased training requirement, the global war on terrorism has resulted in increased expenditures. As an example, operations in Iraq in the past year resulted in the expenditure of 72 million rounds, or about 6 percent of this fiscal year's production. Current expenditures in Iraq are reported as 5.5 million rounds per month."
    http://commdocs.house.gov/committees/security/has176250.000/has176250_0.HTM Check top of page 8

olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA
    450,220,000 rounds of ammo between the DHS, NOAA, SSA... think about it every agency has a budget and they are having trouble passing the "death by a thousand cuts" gun laws as I like to put it. They are trying to keep the ammo out of the american citizens hands, not to mention the NOAA has it's own raid teams with assault rifles. Thats more ammunition than used in WAR,

"In addition to the increased training requirement, the global war on terrorism has resulted in increased expenditures. As an example, operations in Iraq in the past year resulted in the expenditure of 72 million rounds, or about 6 percent of this fiscal year's production. Current expenditures in Iraq are reported as 5.5 million rounds per month."
    http://commdocs.house.gov/committees/security/has176250.000/has176250_0.HTM Check top of page 8

So the National Guard, FEMA, the Coast Guard, ICE, Secret Service, etc... shouldn't be armed? Is this real life?

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    The contract DHS let for ammo has an up to amount. It's language required by the GAO and GSA. They don't plan to contract for ammo again for 6 to 8 years. they shot the moon because they arent allowed to exceed the up to amount. I doubt the capacity exsist to supply them with that much .40cal in the next 6 years.

geauxshootin

LA CHP Training and more
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Jul 29, 2009
    Prairieville
    easy answer! the government year ends on September 30th. In July, most agencies take back money that was allocated below them and not spent. In August, they hurry to spend it all so they will get the same or more money next year.
    Classic Government departmental spending!

we.the.people

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2012
    So the National Guard, FEMA, the Coast Guard, ICE, Secret Service, etc... shouldn't be armed? Is this real life?

I wasn't implying government agencies shouldn't be armed. I haven't done my research but looking at in a glance when did the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration need raid teams? Being a governmental agency couldn't they commision a government agency more notably known for enforcement? I don't see the Secret Service predicting hurricanes... I'm just hypothesizing, I don't know what their agenda is.

reelkaos

Rookie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    Springfield
    Reading on different fishing blogs, the NOAA is part of the regulating of fishing. Fishing along the east and west coast is being restricted. It is coming to the Gulf also. I guess someone has to regulate it? What about Wildlife and Fisheries? There are a lot of LEO type agencies that appear to overlap.

Top Bottom